32

I ate a snack, it was late and I had just put slime back to bed after a nightmare. I sipped some cola and put it down before laying my head on the island and sighing, thinking over what had happened. Its been a few weeks after the execution, puffy had been talking to me and had said I seemed to be in a state of "dolonia". I had realised, now that she'd described it to me, that I was avoiding those who loved me out of fear. I was afraid and confused as to why, why they loved me of all creatures. I'd been working on talking and expression more with my family and loved ones but I realised how low my social battery was for the first time in a while. Feeling more exhausted after conversations and interactions with people while using my 'old' persona, the energy and banter I needed to upkeep was too much. Ranboo had been looking into my eyes more and looking conserned, I shook it off best I can as ranboo being ranboo and just worrying over me. Sitting up and manoeuvring to the door of the kitchen I walked to the entrance hall to head to bed and paused in the kitchen door as thumps echoed from the front door. I walked over cautiously and grabbed out my sword, I slowly peaked around the corner of the door only to throw away my sword and throw back to door.
"oh shit- what ar- how-"
I pulled them into the house quickly and picked them up, running to the living room and placing them down. I thrown logs into the fire and hit the flint and steal together and let the fire burn as I grabbed blankets and quickly pulled them around their shaking frame. I put them as close as I could to the fire before locking all the windows and shutting the curtains. I ran to the front door and looked around seeing no other people and shut the door- well- more slammed-and locked it. I heard feet running down the stairs but ignored it to grab a med kit and sprinted past the stairs only to be stopped by two arms around my waist. Ranboo spun me around and looked at my face as two more sets of feet followed.
"Tommy! What's happening?!"
"i-i need-"
"slow down-"
"They don't have that time-"
"who?-"
I shrugged off ranboos arms and ran back to the living room and slid to their side, pulling out bandages and rubbing alcohol. I heard the other three enter as I worked, their head on my lap, struggling to figure out why they'd be out in this weather.
"Tom's- is that a strider hybrid?"
I finished wrapping their head and looked up at ranboo nodding.
"I believe so... I have no clue how they got here- I heard a noise on the door while I was getting a drink and-"
"it's okay, Tom's. We should get them to the hibernation room, it's for lava and will probably be better for them."
I nodded and picked them up as tubbo walked to the green house and grabbed nether mushrooms.
"ill be there in a second, be careful okay?"
I nodded and walked with ranboo to the room and placed them on the side of the lava pool with a pillow and blankets.
"they should be okay. I hope."
I said, walking back to ranboo.
"while we are alone, Tom's. You're looking tired lately-"
"i know. It's just, resently you've probably seen I've been in my old persona alot, I want back that... That energy, that spite I had towards life I clung too. And well, a family I have and cherish makes it hard to be spiteful to life."
I said folding my arms over my chest and looking down at the floor. I felt his hands on my cheeks as he lifted my head.
"I know Tom's, I miss being less vigilant and more nieve. But. I also know that I need to be who I am now, cause what happened made me stronger and we. As a family. Have grown and will grow. Together. Okay?"
I nodded and muttered a quiet 'okay' as ranboo kissed my head.
"now, I think we should move so tubbo can give the strider food."
I looked up and saw purpled and tubbo smiling at us as I looked at them nervously before moving. The strider stirred slightly and accepted the soup, rolling itself and getting comfortable in the lava (we'd made the blankets fireproof cause of an incident with eryn and the kitchen incident).
"what's your name?"
"... senora."
"thats a nice name, senora. How come you are so far from the nether?"
They looked at tubbo and shrugged.
"mama said I should go find the king of the nether cause we needed help from the new king of strides."
I immediately slapped my face, I spread my wings and kneeled down.
"I'm the Prince, honey, what happened to your mama?"
The little girl smiled.
"the guards said she was gonna see papa! Papa must have woken up!"
I frowned and sighed, standing up.
"sleep here for the night, senora, we are travelling in the morning for the nether."
"okay, your majesty!"
I smiled and pet their head before they dove into the lava to sleep.
"we'll talk to mumza about this later. Now? We'll sleep. This isn't going to end well. Not with these new powers kicking in at random."
We walked to our room and cuddles up quickly falling asleep.