Electric Love

"Drown me

"Drown me. You make my heart beat like the rain."
Electric Love
Børns

Dream spent Christmas Eve with Jade. George and Sapnap rolled their eyes immensely before letting him go. They set up The Polar Express on the living room flatscreen for Ashlyn and settled down to watch.

George had never seen Sapnap so excited to do children's things. Suddenly, the younger man became Ashlyn's best friend, as the first week of George's stay came to a close. Merry and bright with nothing white falling from the sky the three reigned in Christmas.

"Karl wants to FaceTime," Sapnap announced. "He knows you're here."

George frowned, "you told him?"

Sapnap silenced his phone and shifted Ashlyn around on his lap. She was content to stare, with very few thoughts running through her mind, at the movie before them. The younger man mulled over his words with a slackened jaw before canting his neck to the side.

George hadn't come around to talk to Karl, nor Quackity... yet. The last few texts were still left untouched from years before. Sad little blips in time and space that George refused to disturb. It was the fear of their judgment that kept him at a distance. What would they say? What would they think? His gut churned trying to predict the entirety of every outcome.

"I told him you were here," Sapnap shrugged. "Because Quackity is spending Christmas with him they usually call... I didn't tell em about Ashlyn though."

George remained a silent body rested on the plush cushions of the armchair. Deep in darkened thoughts, only the jingle of Christmas bells from the tv brought him back to hid body.

"They will love her," Sapnap tried. "I do! It's..."

"Quackity hates kids," George reminded. The two had spoken about the subject in length when he visited years ago. Drunk over pints from the pub, the walk home consisted of hashing out the future. And for Quackity any form of child was a no-go. Abandon ship.

"Karl doesn't."

He looked away and mutter his real fear, "they won't want to talk to me."

Sapnap huffed, clearly fed up with this conversation, "can I call them or not?"

The choice wasn't really his because the second the next incoming call came through, Sapnap answered it. Ashlyn looked down at the phone with a mild expression. Those subtle brows of hers scrunched along with the bridge of her nose. It was the look she gave new people she met. George knew she would either hide from them or talk excessively.

"Sapnap! My love!"

"Karl! Snuck'ems!"

"God shut up lovebirds!"

They were so familiar. Even bow after all the time. It was as if he'd joined a discord call with them, he listened to their banter and remembered late nights. George hid a nervous frown behind a palm and stayed out of camera shot. This was better if Sapnap laid out his easy-going foundation before dropping the George bomb on them.