You Are The Reason

"I'd clime every mountain, swim every ocean, just to be with you, and fix what I broke

"I'd clime every mountain, swim every ocean, just to be with you, and fix what I broke."
You Are The Reason
Calum Scott

"Are you trying to drown me you lunatic!" The water splashed over George's hair as he came up gasping for air. Dream's arms circled his waist like a man holding his beloved. Both saltwater covered imprints wrapped delicately on sun warmed skin and pulled elation into the other's heart.

"No," he whispered pulling George in close. "I'm trying to kiss you."

"Not in front of Sapnap," George let his lover close breathing in the same air. The world was hazy away from Dream himself. Unreal and made up, a memory far and faded. It was the man himself George remembered. The hair that grew sun kissed the longer they stayed between the ocean waves. Each freckle that earned a friend as the star beat down on them.

Dream kissed him soundly, "he's sleeping in the sand."

"What a dumbass," George replied with another caress.

It was memories like these that kept George in a constant state of agony during his Florida trip. Little snippets that hauled themselves out of the depths to remind him of almost. He couldn't step foot on a beach without dipping back into the past. Now spread on a blanket over the grains of Miami sand he tried not to look at the ocean.

"Ash," George reprimanded. "Stop moving I have to put sunscreen on you."

"No!"

"Baby, You don't want a sunburn."

"No!"

"Stop it, and let me put this on you," he all but hissed. They'd been at it for five minutes. She pouted and George knew the alligator tears were coming in. The patience George learned with having a child was thrown out of the window then, he let Ashlyn cry simply finished covering her chest and cheeks. It was better to listen to it now then days later when she would inevitable be in pain.

"Dada, mean!" She wailed the words in his direction. He slathered her chunky arms and ignored her protests. "Mean Dada!"

He deflated because it was true after all. George's anger wasn't supposed to go to his daughter. It was towards Dream. Towards Jade. Not to Jade who couldn't understand all of his problems. He pulled her up apolitically, "I'm sorry."

Ashlyn sniffled, "no be mean, dada."

"I know, baby. I'm sorry." It wouldn't fix it, but he kissed her several times to make up for his curt demands. Sapnap sat down with them a moment later with a raised brow. "Look, how about you and Sapnap make a little sand castle?"

"Yeah," Sapnap said tugging on a baggy of sand toys. "Come on Ashlyn, let's give Dada a break."

"Be careful," George reminded. "Stay where I can see you."