Never Not

"For as long as I live and as long as I love

"For as long as I live and as long as I love. I will never not think about you."
Never Not
Lauv

"Are you sure this is a good idea?"

Sapnap shuffled the ring light around the desk while George stood off to the side. He shifted from foot to foot with Ashlyn wrapped up in his arms. It was her nap time which, to Sapnap, meant the opportunity to stream. George wasn't so sure.

"Yeah, man!" The younger man haphazardly tossed an empty drink bottle behind the green screen. "The fans will love it. They've all missed you."

George caught Dream passing in the hallway and waved him down. He stopped to acknowledge them both then looked to Ashlyn.

"You want me to take her?"

The British man frowned, "you think this is a good idea?"

A nonchalant shrug, "sounds fun. The fans will love it."

"See!" Sapnap seemed so excited that Dream agreed with him on something.

The blond didn't seem phased. With soft steps, as if to not wake Ashlyn, Dream pulled the child from George's arms and smiled when she gripped onto his chest. She never let anyone other than George and his mother put her to sleep, he wondered what was so special about Dream then contradicted his own wonderment. It was Dream... he was always an exception.

"I don't want to pawn my parenting off on you-"

"Nah," Dream reassured. "Stream. I was just going to go watch a movie in my room anyway."

George searched each of Dream's symmetric features for doubt but only found fondness. A certain type of figment washed over his eyes when he held Ashlyn, something kin to the way he used to look at George after uttering his three little words. The same look that appeared from a quiet happiness, it was the same way George looked at her. Like she held the world and she would forever need protection. That was too much to unpack now, too much to ever unpack. He sighed and relented a bit.

"If she cries or asks for me you'll text us."

Dream nodded along.

"And if anything-"

"George," he said fondly impatient. It was airy and light and made George's heart stutter within his ribcage. Dream reached forward and pushed the hair from George's eyebrows, "I'm going down the hall not leaving the country. She'll be fine."

He knew that, he said so as well.

Dream smiled triumphantly making way towards the hallway, "have a fun stream."

The door shut and he let his shoulders drop. Dream was a can of worms George didn't even know how to start opening. Where would he even start? Maybe with Jade and her constant silent complaints about George's visit? Maybe with that kiss or the soft way Dream called him 'my love' within his guest room walls? Or maybe they should call it a day and start from those late nights in June and hash it out from there.