Sleep On The Floor

"Decide on me, yeah decide on us

"Decide on me, yeah decide on us."
Sleep On The Floor
The Lumineers

Freshly showered, George sat on the edge of the miniature settee in Ashlyn's room. It was lavender to match the butterflies amongst the walls. The aura of being in Ashlyn's room was the same only altered by a fantasy that walked in his sleepy mind.

Tan fingers ghosted over baby photos rested in pretty frames on the dresser. His soft smile clenched tightly in George's stomach threatening to take him to the floor. It was the sun peeking perfectly through the window that made him look away. The dust dancing around those pretty green irises would be too much. It would feel counterfeit when he was standing right there.

"I like Ashlyn's room." Dream's voice was quiet, as if not to disturb the peace. George was grateful because his hangover was threatening to reap him. A finger trailed over fake wings, "the butterflies are a nice touch."

"My mother's idea."

The hum of acknowledgment settled George's nerves enough to find the words to ask. Cautious, "so you broke up with Jade."

"Correct." Dream didn't look up, he pressed his hand down on a tiny jack in the box and made it pop up.

"Then you got on a plane to come talk to me?" A nod. "You're insane."

Dream scoffed in offense, "fuck off I thought it was romantic."

"And if I had turned you away at my door? It was freezing what if..."

"I..." Dream cut him off softly. "I just hoped you would let me talk before kicking me to the curb."

George dropped his head into both hands and breathed through his nose. What was he supposed to do now? A few hours ago everything ached and burned and now Dream was offering an out. He was offering... well he didn't exactly know what the fuck Dream was offering. He swallowed thickly, "what do you want exactly?"

Dream came to sit next to him with the bear he bought Ashlyn in hand, "to make it simple, you."

George flushed then couldn't make eye contact with him. It felt like far too much, instead, he eyed the well-loved bear Ashlyn named Roni. She slept with it now mumbling about who gave it to her and its name.

"And I'm willing to let you have me," he sighed, the bear now his own hand, "but I come with attachments now. An attachment I know you never planned or even wanted to have."

"I love Ashlyn as much as I love you," Dream said. "And you're right. That still stands, I don't want any of my own kids and that will probably not change. But, if she'll have me, then I want to be there for her. I want to be there for both of you. The three of us."