Prolouge

The night was warm, minus the slight breeze, and the full moon shined high above in the sky. The moonlight spread across the vast plains, and the five cats padded through the tall grass, heading towards the tall mountain.

Fadepaw trailed behind her mentor, Arcticwind, who was leading the cats. She was surprised about how fast the medicine cat was walking, for she knew the white she-cat had been blind since she was a kit. Yet it made sense since this was their territory in Windclan. Her thoughts were interrupted as Pearlfeather padded up beside Fadepaw and purred.

"How are you liking being a medicine cat apprentice?" The white and gray she-cat asked.

Fadepaw purred back. "I'm really enjoying it! I only started a few moons ago, but it really seems to be my calling."

A rusty orange she-cat padded up to Fadepaw's other shoulder.

"If you've been Arcticwind's apprentice for that long, shouldn't you have already been to the moon stone already?" The orange cat joked.

"Raspberrywhisper!" Pearlfeather hissed silently.

"Well when you say it like that..." Fadepaw murmured.

"Would you stop yapping already?" Arcticwind turned and glared at the three cats. "I enjoy walking in silence."

"Sorry..." Fadepaw gazed at her paws. She hated when she angered her mentor.

Arcticwind sniffed the air then sighed. "Wheres Cloverwish?"

All the cats looked around with equal annoyance. Suddenly, a light gray she-cat with swirl markings stumbled out of a bush near Pearlfeather, who jumped with a screech.

"Sorry! My fur got stuck on the other end of that bush. I thought I smelled some juniper berries under it. Thunderclan's running out of them, you know!" Cloverwish huffed.

Arcticwind rolled her sightless eyes and turned. "Lets just keep going. The moon's almost at its highest." The four cats followed the white she-cat sullenly.

"How did she know that?" Fadepaw whispered to Pearlfeather.

The lovely she-cat gazed down at the apprentice in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"How did Arcticwind know the moon was almost at its highest?"

Pearlfeather gazed up at the sky and nodded.

"Arcticwind may be blind, but she is known to be the most wise cat in all the clans. Some things she just...knows."
Fadepaw gazed at her mentor in awe as the medicine cats continued their trek.
~
"We are here." Arcticwind paused at the entrance of the tunnel leading into the side of the mountain.

Cloverwish purred at Fadepaw. "Ready?"

Fadepaw nodded and puffed her dark gray fur against the incoming wind, before padding after her mentor into the tunnel.

It was pitch black as she entered, and she sniffed the air, following Arcticwind's scent. As the scents poured over her, she realized Pearlfeather was behind her, followed by Raspberrywhisper, then Cloverwish.

A few moments passed as she continued to pad through the dark tunnel, until suddenly, a dim light glowed ahead of her. Fadepaw could now see her mentor as the light grew, until she could see every detail in the tunnel walls.

The darkness completely faded away as she padded into a dense cave. In the center of the cave was a tall, glowing stone.

At the roof, was a medium sized hole, right above the stone, where the moon was slowly creeping to fit the outline.