Chapter One

Brackenkit yawned as his eyes opened from a good nights sleep. He gazed around the small nursery and stretched, nudging his brother, Snowykit. The gray kit groaned and rolled over, away from Brackenkit's paw.

"Wake up, Snowykit! Before Silverlilly wakes up." He glanced at the entrance to the den, where a soft glow was seen from outside.

"Would you two mouse brains be quiet? I'm trying to sleep!" Pebblekit meowed from beside her mother, Silverlilly.

"Snowykit!" Brackenkit nudged him again with an urgent whisper.

"Fine, fine... I'm up..." Snowykit rose to his paws slowly, yawning.

"Now come on!" Brackenkit swatted at him with a playful paw and skipped out of the den. Scents filled his nose as he gazed around the Thunderclan camp.

A small group of warriors where huddled together by the entrance to the camp, along with the deputy of the clan, Shadowblaze, who was probably organizing hunting or border patrols. Cloverwish, the medicine cat, was over by the highrock speaking quietly to the leader of Thunderclan, Amberstar.

Snowykit trampled out of the den, pouncing on Brackenkit with a small yowl. The two kits rolled around on the ground before Brackenkit finally got the upper hand and pinned Snowykit on his back.

"Gotcha!"

"Nice pin, Brackenkit." The two kits turned to see a small white tom standing in front of the warriors den near the nursery.

"Thanks Cloudyfur!" Brackenkit purred in triumph.

Snowykit pushed the brown colored kit off of him and rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, thanks Cloudyfur..."

The white tom padded over and flicked his tail with amusement.

"I have a feeling you two will be great apprentices, just like I was."

Snowykit flicked his ear. "Actually, if I would want to be like any warrior, it would have to be Smokeface. He's the best fighter in the clan!"

Cloudyfur huffed. "Hey! Is it because I'm your father and I constantly embarrass you?" The tom began licking Snowykits head roughly.

"Hey! Get off, get off!"

Brackenkit turned his head as Silverlilly padded out of the nursery, followed by Pebblekit.

"You guys are so loud. Now I have no choice but to be awake." The light gray she-kit meowed.

Silverlilly purred down at the sassy kit.

"Be nice, Pebblekit." She then turned to Cloudyfur and rubbed her head against his neck. "How are the morning patrols going?" She asked him.

He purred back with equal love. "Good so far. Shadowblaze should be sending out hunting patrols soon."

Snowykit rolled his eyes and crouched at Brackenkit, growling playfully.

"I vote for a rematch!"

Brackenkit crouched as well and hissed. "Bring it mouse dung!"

As the two tom kits rustled around the camp, Pebblekit rolled her eyes once again before stepping into a crouch, pouncing on Brackenkit, who had pinned Snowykit again.

"Gah!" Brackenkit screeched in surprise at his sisters sudden attack.

She swatted at him across the ears then turned to Snowykit, pouncing on him. The two kits rolled around the camp floor for a few seconds before Pebblekit gained control and pinned the gray kit.