Chapter Eleven

QUOTE OF THE CHAPTER:

"You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving."

― Robert Louis Stevenson

Dedication: @ec-ri-vain (for her amazing comment and encouragement)

CHAPTER ELEVEN

While I dive my spoon into ice cream and bring it to my mouth, I realise what an amazing decision I've made by accepting Ric's offer. It's been ages (last summer) since I ate ice cream and I missed it so much. My favourite flavor is chocolate originally, but right now in my hands, I have every single flavor that exists.

The place is cute, decorated by pink and blue tones, with fancy furniture and it seems an appropriate place for princess themed birthday party. To be frank, I'm not very fond of such places because I'm not in the princess category - more like, in bitch one - however, since their ice cream is quite delicious, who cares about the decoration of the places?

I glance at Ric, who is eating his icecream without looking away, I smile at the thought crossing my mind. The bastard and bitch of the school are eating ice-cream in a cute princess themed shop. How ironic, isn't it?

Then, I let myself devour the ice-cream and I sometimes even close my eyes uncontrollably. Well, I realise this, actually, after Ric cuts off my devouring session very rudely.

"Stop moaning," he groans, as he takes the last spoon of his bowl. I look up and notice he seems pretty annoyed but it is just fake. He's actually amused - I can understand it from the way he looks.

"I don't moan."

"Seriously? You're the only person that moans while eating ice cream."

"It's not true," I deny, "I'm sure there are lots of them."

He shakes his head no, with an amused smile playing around his lips. "Just you." Frowning, I kick his leg under the table. "Ouch, what was that for?"

"I don't know," I say, amused as I take another spoon of my ice cream.

Then, when I look up again, I encounter with Ric taking a photo of me. I frown in turn. "Why do you take a photo of me?" I deadpan.

He chuckles. "You look so cute."

"Cute? Ha. Do you take a photo of everyone that looks cute?"

He shrugs, looking down at the screen and smiling. "Not necessarily," he replies.

"Delete it, dumbass."

"No."

I roll my eyes. "Ric, please, don't make me kick your balls and be a good boy. Delete it."

"Okay okay," he says, clicking something on his phone and I gather that he deleted. Why did he even take it in the first place? He's so fucking annoying.

After a few minutes of conversation, we are done with ice cream and ready to head home.

I stand up, stuffing my hand into my pocket to get out money, but he hands out the money to the cashier, his eyes casted on me. "It's my treat."

"It's non-sense, I can pay for myself, thank you very much," I reply, annoyed by him trying to be dominant.

"I know you can," he murmurs. "You know what? Next time, you pay." Now, there is a suggestive smile tugging on his lips.

I arch an eyebrow. "How do you know that there is a next time?"

"I just do," he says with a cocky grin.