Chapter Thirty Two

QUOTE OF THE CHAPTER:

"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
Neil Galman

Dedication: @Lyssade (What Happened That Night keeps me on the edge of my seat.)

***
NOTE:

I know it's early but tomorrow is Eid and I'll be away for three days so I thought instead of delaying the update, I might update sooner. ;)

Thanks for your support! I'll join Wattys then. I'd be happy if you supported this story and me on Twitter as well with the hashtag #Wattys2015. My Twitter is @killianssass.

I love you guys, Eid Mubarak to every Muslim fellows & a nice weekend to everyone! :)

***

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

I don't stop running until I finally find him leaning against the pole of goal post in the football field. He's talking to some players with a half smile and I swear nothing has ever made me more angry than his smile before. When I reach him, he shoots me a confused glance but I don't wait till the boys disappear. "We need to talk," I say, out of breath but firm. "In private." It makes them slowly leave and Richard's attention turn to me.

"What's going on, Jack?" He says, confused and I slap him in the cheek as an answer - it feels so fucking good to punch him after everything I've gone through. "What the fuck," he says, glancing back at me, his hand on his cheek.

"I've found out, bastard, what you're up to."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Stella told me Ric."

It makes him stop and tense under my look. "Look, I can explain-"

I fold my arms together. "It's what I'm counting on," I say desperately. "I do hope you have a great reason to cause this mess, turn my perfect life into a disaster and make me hate myself more than ever. I really hope so," I say sarcastically. I don't really know how he will try to justify himself after all the shit we've been through and he pretended not to know or played the best friend. Since I know what's the matter with him, even looking at him makes me want to beat the shit out of him. He caused this all and separated me from my only love ever. I'll never forgive him, it's all I know.

"I love you," he breaths, moving towards me and grabbing my arms.

I look at him in disbelief. "You love me?"

He nods silently. I examine his face but see nothing related to humor - he's serious. "I didn't want this to happen. I actually thought you both wouldn't last long."

"Since when - when did you develop feelings for me?"

"I don't know,"-he shrugs, letting go of me-"I think it was when I felt different seeing you with Calvin. At first I thought it was hatred. That I couldn't handle you two being happy. Then, I considered it jealousy that Calvin found someone he could be happy and he ditched me - his best friend - for a girl like you. A girl who punched me. Then, we started to hang out and you were so outgoing and easy to talk. I started to like your company but it was quite nerving that we had to hide it from Calvin because you were uncomfortable with it. It was almost as if we were having a secret affair-"