Holy Crap We're Rich! (But Not Really)

We never went back to our reservation miles away. It took us a while, but eventually I found a place that would hire a sixteen year old and Jayden started working for some of the people in La push as a lawn care worker. We lived in a small cabin on the Quiliet reservation and I mostly kept to myself, I didn't talk to any of the other kids, and if they tried to get my attention I would ignore them. Luckily, Jayden made a decent amount while helping the people and I made very good on the tips I made at my small job in a restaurant on the rez.

I was a waitress there but I would also deliver food to the residents of the reservation which is what I was doing today while I rode around with food strapped into a basket on the back of my moter bike. I pulled into the gravel driveway of one of my deliveries and grabbed the food before jogging to the front door, knocking. 

"It's open!" I heard a voice call from inside and smiled before pushing open the screen door. "Hello Sky, how's your day been sweetie?" The man came rolling into the dining room as I set it down his ordered food on the table. 

"Hey Billy, it's been good thanks. Your boy not leave you any leftovers from yesterday?" I joked with him. If was strange, the women I delivered food to always looked at me strange, they were cautious of me. I could feel it. But the men, such as Billy, were always nice to me. Maybe it was because Jayden helped them with their lawns or something. 

"Never does." He chuckled. "That boy could eat out your entire restaurant." 

"He better not, I'd be without a job." I laughed. I'd never actually met Billy's son. He just mentioned him one day and how he was about my age. 

"So, why aren't you at school." I let out a sarcastic groan.

"You know why Billy." I told him while I unpacked his food from my bag. 

"I know, I know, money and all. I'm really sorry about what happened to your parents by the way." I stiffened. My parents. Everyone was suspicious when me and Jayden first appeared in La Push looking for work. Everyone here knew everyone and we were two new kids with no parents. Our excuse was that we were siblings and our parents had died in a car crash not far away. 

"Thanks, I'll make the money and finish out high school. I promise." He treated me like I was his kid. Always checking and making sure I didn't look to frail and always making sure I was ok. 

"Well, maybe this will help." He wheeled his chair over next to me and set an envelope next to my hand. I looked at him, confused, but he just motioned to the envelope so I reached over and picked it up, gasping at what was inside. 

"Oh, Billy. I can't take this." There had to be at least ten thousand dollars in there, probably more. 

"It's not all mine. I took to some of my buddies and we all agreed that you and your brother should be able to go to school on the reservation. Let's just say it's you tip for taking care of all us old guys when our boys wouldn't." 

"You all aren't old." I laughed, tears in my eyes before leaning down and hugging him. "Thank you so much Billy. I'll tell the others thanks too but I have to call Jayden." He laughed and waved me off. 

"Go on, get outa my house Loca." I hugged him one last time before racing out of the house and dialing Jayden's number, ready to tell him the news. 

"Here's you schedules and a map of the school. If you need anything feel free to come back in here or ask a teacher." The receptionist smiled at us and we nodded before leaving the office. 

"This is crazy. I can't believe we actually pulled this off." Jayden muttered, folding up the paper and stuffing it in the pocket of his jeans. 

"See, we can do stuff without the adults helping out. And remember, I'm the one who was nice enough that they gave us money." I grinned up at him and he just rolled his eyes with a smirk on his face. 

"Yeah, yeah, well I'm the one that drove you to get clothes." He jabbed back and now I rolled my eyes. 

"Please. I could've done that myself." With some of the leftover money we went out and bought new clothes and some cheap furniture for our house. I had a slightly cropped black T-shirt on with ripped jeans and sneakers while Jayden was wearing a T-shirt and Jeans. We still kept our jobs, the money would run out eventually, but it was nice to not be struggling with money at the moment.  "I'll see you at lunch, try not to do anything stupid, these people don't know about us." I reminded him under my breath and he rolled his eyes, motioning to my arm. 

"Oh, please. Your the one who put on a T-shirt when you have a seven inch scar going down your arm." Ah, yes. My scar. It never went away after the demon but me and its pale color stuck out on my tan skin. 

"If anyone asks I'll just say It happened when I was young or something. Now, get to your class. And try not to imprint on anyone, ok?" Surprisingly, Jayden didn't imprint on any of the girls on our reservation and as much as I want him to find his sole mate, I didn't want him to do it here where we could possibly have to leave. Luckily for me, I didn't have to worry about imprinting. Never in our history had a female shifter imprinted, only the males did.

"Yeah, yeah. Ok, mom. Be careful, don't die." He said sarcastically and I stuck my toung out at him before turning away and tossing my fiery red hair over my shoulder. 'Ok Sky, you got here. Now let's try and survive it.