Why did I want to do this again?

I walked down the nearly empty school hallway, looking at the ground as I tried to avoid everyone's stares. Of course I stuck out, I had blue eyes and red hair instead of black and brown or brown and brown. I was suddenly really self conscious about my scar as I saw someone point to it out of the corner of my eye.

Thankfully, I reached my history class soon after and quickly went inside right as the bell went off. I quickly walked over to the teachers desk and handed her a paper for her to sign while everyone took their seats. "Hello, you must be our new student." She smiled at me and I gave a small smile while I anxiously waited for her to write her name on the paper so I could stop standing infront of these twenty something other teenagers. "Would you please introduce yourself to the class?" I turned and gave her a silent begging look to just let me sit down. Last thing I needed was to have one of these kind of teachers on the first day. "Go on." 

She must've thought she was behind nice but my face was bright red. "Uh, my names Sky Taylor." I spoke softly while looking at the ground. Me and Jayden had agreed our fake last name would be Taylor after the now dead Alpha of our old pack. 

"And what about your family? Do you have any siblings?" She egged on. I couldn't tell if she was trying to embarrass me or just didn't want to start her class or both. 

"Yeah, my brother Jayden is in another class." 

"Mhm, and what about you parents?" Jeez did this woman ever stop? 

"They're.." I trailed off, my voice cracking and tears coming to my eyes. God. This can't be happening now, I can't cry infront of these people. "They're dead." I muttered, blinking away tears. 

"Oh, uh," The teacher stuttered obviously not expecting that. "I'm very sorry to hear that. You can go take a seat next to Mr. Cameron in the back." A kid who looked like he was on steroids or something tossed his hand up in the air and I made my way over before taking a seat next to him. He smiled at me but I just looked down at my notebook as the teacher started class.

We were about twenty minutes into class and I was mindlessly sketching a picture of my wolf in the corner of my paper, honestly not paying attention. "That's pretty good." I heard a deep voice next to me and I jumped slightly before looking over at the smiling teen.

"Thanks." I mumbled, only sparing him a glance. 

"I'm Jared Cameron." I looked over at him this time, moving my curly hair away from my eyes. 

"Hi." I muttered, turning back to my drawing. 

"So you like wolves?" He asked, motioning back to my picture.

"Mhm." I hummed. "You could say that." 

"Better be careful when you wander in the forest around here, I've seen some pretty big wolves around." I chuckled at the irony of this boy. If only he knew.

"I think I'll be alright." I told him, setting my pencil down so I could actually manage a conversation with him. 

"I don't know, a wolf could eat you in one bite." He looked me up and down mockingly, as if sizing me up. 

I gasped and jokingly placed a hand over my heart. "You calling me small Cameron? I think I could kick your ass in a fight." 

"We'll have to test that one day Carrot top." He wiggled his eyebrows at me and I rolled my eyes. 

"You literally look like your on steroids." He flexed his muscles which were fully exposed thanks to the tank top he was wearing and I just shrugged as if I was unimpressed. "Plus, are you even aloud to have tattoos in school?" I asked, motioning to his right shoulder. He glanced down at it and shrugged.