You May Need To Buy a New Truck-

Paul grunted a slammed on the breaks, causing Embry and Quil to cry out as the flew forward, their seatbelts locking up quickly. 

"What the hell man!" Quil coughed as he rubbed where the seatbelt had hit his neck. Paul didn't respond and clutched his side, a hiss of pain leaving his lips. 

"Paul, what's wrong?" Embry asked, worried as he looked to see if any cars were coming. It was pouring rain so they were much more likely to get hit. 

"I feel like I just got hit by a- Shit!" His hand beat on the horn and the other two flinched away, "I'm, gonna pull over." He grunted and gently pressed the gas, edging the truck forward until it was off the road. 

The two boys watched their pack mate carefully and noticed him starting to get pale as he let out a groan of pain. 

"We've got to call Sam." Quil concluded, reaching for his phone but Paul stopped him. 

"My phone, give me my phone. It's in the glovebox." 

"No you idiot! Something's wrong with you!" 

"I've got to call Sky!" He insisted and Embry stopped Quil before he could say anything. 

"We'll call her after Sam, I'm sure she can feel whatever is happening right now anyway." Embry told him carefully, not wanting to set him off again but Paul shook his head. Of course they didn't get it. 

"No, I have to call her. This isn't my pain, it's hers." And just like that, the pain started to dull out. Paul let out a gasp of breath before grabbing his phone and ringing Sky, letting it ring until it went to voicemail and he let out a angry yell. "Damn it!" He yelled, banging on the horn again. "Embry, call Sam and tell him something wrong. Quil, call Jared. Kim is with Sky." It was bad enough that something could be wrong with Sky, but both imprints? 

Paul was about to call Sky again when his phone rang, Sky's picture lighting up the screen. "Oh thank God," Paul sighed as he picked up the phone. "Hey princess, are you-" 

"Paul? Paul!" Kim's terrified sounding voice was on the other end and Paul went stiff. 

"Kim? What's wrong? Wheres Sky?" Kim didn't answer for a second and Paul's ears picked up background chatter coming from her end and the faint noise of what sounded like sirens. 

"She, she." Kim's voice cracked, something like a sob escaping her lips. "Victoria showed up so we stopped and she started to get out but then there was a car and, crash, and, oh my god Paul I called the ambulance I didn't know what else to do! It hit her side and the truck went flying and then it flipped and I tried to get her out and-" Kim's voice gave out and she started to cry again and Paul felt his entire body go stiff. "I'm sorry! I know I shouldn't have called the ambulance but I didn't know what else to do and-" 

"Kim, Kim, stop! It's alright, it's not your fault. Where is Sky right now?" Paul could hear Kim's shakey breath on the other side before she answered.

"They got her out of the truck and are loading her into an ambulance. They want me to go to the hospital and are asking me all these questions. Paul," Her voice cracked. "I just want Jared. I'm so scared, what if she dies?" Paul tried to push the horrifying thought from his mind before he responded as evenly as he could.

"Kim, go to the hospital and we will meet you there. Jared will come too, just stay with Sky, ok?" 

"Yeah, ok. Hurry." Kim hung up the phone and Embry and Quil were silent, having heard everything already. 

"Embry, call everyone back and tell them to get to the hospital. Tell them Sky had an accident but Kim is ok. I think." Embry nodded and began to call the others while Paul his the gas, taking off down the road despite the pouring rain. All he wanted was for her to let lose for a bit, take a break from all her work, and she had gotten hurt because of it. Why did it always seem to be his fault?