I Spilled My Guts. Now Pick Them Up.

"Can I ask my questions now?" I immediately asked as I shut my door and Paul let out a exaggerated groan but a smile played on his lips. 

"Go ahead," 

"Where were you guys, why was Embry ignoring me, and why'd you act weird when I mentioned Emmet?" I listed it off and Paul's smile was replaced with a scowl. 

"Sky, where did you get the scar on your arm?" He caught me by surprise, what did my scar have anything to do with my questions? 

"An... accident." I noticed Paul's grip tightened on the steering wheel and I shrunk back slightly. It was obvious the joking side of Paul I had seen only seconds ago was long gone. 

"Don't lie to me Sky, what's it from." I felt the urge to tell the truth fight with my instinct to hide from it, keep the memories from that day locked in the back of my mind where I would never have to see them again. 

"I was attacked a a couple days before Jayden and I arrived here." I felt anger rise inside of me and I pulled one of my knees onto the seat and hugged it to my chest. 

"Why did you come here Sky?" Tears sprung in my eyes as the image of my friends being murdered flashed across my mind, gone as quick as it came. 

"I don't want to talk about it." I mumbled and I waited for him to drop it, to sense my distress like Billy said he could but he didn't. 

"Tell me why you came here, why did you and Jayden show up?" I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to ignore the memories that were digging their way to the surface of my mind. Everyone I knew, dead. These demons, attacking us all, killing us all. The screams of my family and pack, the children I had watched grow up, my mother. "Don't ignore me Sky, I have to know you got that scar and why you and Jayden arrived here for me to fully explain anything." 

"Demons! Demons attacked my pack and killed us all. That's you damn answer! We didn't know what they were and Jayden and I were the only ones to get away. They murdered my family and were going to kill us too and one almost did. I got attacked on the way out but Jayden saved my life. That's why I'm here, it was either run or be killed, there was no in between at that moment. One almost got me too, it bit me but Jayden killed it before it could kill me." Paul stayed silent and I gave no doubt that if I tried I would be able to figured out what he was feeling but I was numb. That's the first time since the attack that I had actually said anything about it. It was just a silent agreement Jayden and I had, never speak of the event that ruined our lives and move on with it. At least, that was until Jayden broke the agreement a couple days ago. 

It was still silent when rain drops started to splatter on the window, only increasing the depressing feel of the truck at the moment. "I... I didn't know." I scoffed and turned my head to look out the window. 

"Yeah, and I wanted to keep it that way but you just have to know everything." My tone was bitter and something inside me wanted to feel bad about it but I shoved that feeling away. He had forced something out of me that I never wanted to speak of, he had every reason to feel as horrible as he did. 

"Those things that attacked you are vampires." I was surprised when he started to speak but I didn't acknowledge him. "We call them the cold ones, and they are like demons. They drink the blood of humans and the only thing that can tear them apart are our teeth and the only thing that can officially kill them is fire. They multiply by biting humans so they change. That's why we were all so interested in your scar, it's a vampire bite and at the time all of us thought you were human so we didn't understand how you had survived it but now we do."

"We can survive vampire bites, they don't change us, only sting. But damn, do they hurt. Vampires have a certain smell to them, something that is attracting to humans but repulsive to us, it makes our noses burn almost." This caught my attention, my nose was burning just hours ago. "Embry could smell it when you went into class with him though it was very faint which is why he tried to avoid you, it irritates him and he was trying to avoid the smell so after class he came and told Jared and I about it and Jared said he smelt it outside the school and that it was really strong. We all got worried so we all phased and went to search but didn't find anything."