If You Can't Take The Heat Don't Start The Fire

The next day right before I was about to go on patrol with Jayden, Jared and Embry came running into the house, acting like something was chasing them. 

"The scent, that Jayden caught yesterday? We found it." Jared gasped out, not even letting us ask any questions. My eyes widened and my grip tightened around the cup I was holding. If they had found the scent, that means the vampire was still here. 

Sam didn't waste any time with speaking as he pulled off his shirt, the other copying his actions and ran for the door. 

"Let's go!" He shouted and everyone followed him quickly, not wanting to lose the thing we had been searching for nonstop for nearly 24 hours.

Except me. I was nearly frozen. I don't know how Jayden did it, forgot everything to get the job done. It was different for me. Even the mention of having to come in contact with one made me go stiff, made my memories try to break free. 

"Sky, come on!" Jacob urged me, still being the slowest so also being the last to phase. I blinked my eyes hard and shook my head, trying to shake away my forming thoughts. 

"Oh no," I heard Emily's voice approach me and I shook my head again. "Sky, honey, I understand if you can't go yet. I'm sure Sam would too if you want to stay." She told me gently but I snapped out of it and took a step back. 

"No, I'm fine, let's go Jake." I ignored his confused look and took off running. Ok, so Jake knew how I got my scar, that Jayden and I left our pack, pretty much everything. But nobody explained to him the exact reason we had to leave. And what caused it. 

I cleared my mind before phasings, not wanting him to find out by reading my thoughts. It didn't take me long before I was running at Paul's side, both of us hot on the trail and Sam in the lead. 

It was growing stronger to, the scent burning our nostrils that much more. Then, right as I was sure we were about to come in contact with the vampire, Sam stopped. 

"Victoria won't be happy about my killing you." A voice purred from the clearing ahead. "But I can't help myself. You are so mouth watering." 

'What the hell?' I heard Jacob question and I thought the same thing before we both came to the realization at once. 

'Vampire'

"Please don't." I heard a familiar voice stutter "I mean, you helped us." The person gasped and I took a step closer to see better but Paul nudged my side, stopping me from going any further. 

"Sh, sh, sh. Don't be afraid. I'm doing you a kindness." The voice insisted. "Victoria plans on killing you slowly, painfully." 

'Sam, we have to go! He's going to kill Bella!' Sam used the alpha order on Jake, making him stay still instead of running forward. 

'We have to wait. He could kill her.' Sam said calmly, but we could all feel his anxiousness. 

"I promise I'll make it quick. I promise. You will feel nothing." I finally could see just in time to see the vampire take a step back, drawing back a hand and I heard Bella take in a shaky breath.

"Edward, I love you." I heard her say and I tried not to gag. Sis was about to get murdered and was thinking about a vampire who left her. Again, a vampire. The same creature that was about to kill her. She needs to get her priorities straight.

'Let's go.' Sam told us before growling lowly, taking a couple slow steps out of the shadows. 

"I don't believe it." The dark skinned vampire muttered. I wanted to freeze when I truely got a good look at him. More his eyes. They were blood red, just like theirs were.