Because We Just Love an Overprotective Big Brother

3rd Person POV 

Sky shifted back in front of her house and immediately Jayden came running out the front door, pulling her into a hug. "I thought you weren't coming back." He whispered and Sky stood stiff for a moment before slowly wrapping her arms around him. 

"I wouldn't leave you. You should know that." He only nodded before taking a step back. 

"I'm sorry Sky, I know you want to stay but we can't." He insisted and Sky shook her head, a small smile creeping onto her face. It didn't look normal though, it looked almost forced.

"No, Jayden, we don't have to leave." Sky insisted while  Jayden tried not to sigh. "Just, listen to me alright? Paul won't tell. I know he won't because-" 

"You can't trust everyone's  word Sky." Jayden cut her off but she continued. 

"He won't tell because he's like us, Jayden! All of them! Sam, Embry, Jared, Paul, they're just like us." Jayden was dumbstruck for a moment before stuttering out one word. 

"What?" Sky grinned and nodded her head but she didn't meet Jayden's eyes. She hadn't since she returned.

"Those wolves I told you I saw, it was them. They keep their identities hidden too. We don't have to worry." Jayden hesitated. What if the pack thought they were a threat? 

"I still don't think we should stay Sky. They could think were a threat, what if they try to attack us?" 

"I know why you think that but if you would just come with me to meet them I think you would understand. Please Jayden." Sky begged. She couldn't stay here if Jayden left but she couldn't leave Paul either. Not that she was going to tell him that he was her imprint. She needed convince him to stay first.  

"Fine." Sky grinned and started to take off when Jayden called out to her and made her stop.

"What happened to your face?" 

"What?" She spun around to face him and he was already caught up. Sky's eyes flicked to his but she quickly looked away.

"The scratch on your face, Sky. No way you missed it. It's huge." The scratch from Paul on Sky's face went from the corner of her left eyebrow to a little past the right side of her mouth. 

"I fell and cut my snout on a rock." She shrugged, telling him the same story she had told the others. 

"Why hasn't it healed yet?" He fired another question immediately, already sensing that something was off. Sky shrugged again before breaking into a jog. 

"It's recent. Let's just go, alright?" Jayden nodded but Sky didn't see it because she had already shifted and started running. He shifted where he stood before running after her and quickly catching up until she sped up to lead the way. 

It didn't take long for the two to arrive, now in their human forms, and sure enough four huge wolves were already waiting in Emily's backyard. A low growl was heard from one of the four and  Sky was quick to look over at him. "It's alright Paul." She surprised herself. How she knew it was him that was growling she didn't know. She could just sense it. 

"Who's the Alpha?" Jayden asked Sky, not taking his eyes off the pack in front of him as he felt his shoulders tense. 

"I'm pretty sure it's Sam." Sky responded before motioning towards the largest black wolf standing in the middle. Sam nodded his head in response and Sky took a step closer to Jayden who had inched infront of her. "Don't do anything stupid Jayden. They won't hurt us." Sky claimed but Jayden didn't respond. He glanced over at Sky who seemed to loosen up. Ever since she returned she seemed stiff, never meeting his eyes and her smiles being forced. Now she seemed a bit more calm and a genuine soft smile rested on her lips.