Unintentionally Met Satan

Jayden's POV

"Hey! Paul! Wait up!" I jogged ahead to catch up to my friends imprint and he slowed down but didn't stop. 

"I'm not going to talk to Sky for you if that's what you want." 

"I wasn't going to ask that but have you talked to her at all today? I haven't seen her since she left our house." Paul nodded his head and I followed him into the boys locker room. 

"You screwed up man. She's still upset with you but she's also tearing herself up about it because she thinks she's a bad person because of it." I grimaced as he confirmed my thoughts. Of course Sky was finding a way to beat herself up about it, she always does.

"Yeah, I figured." I nodded a welcome to Jared as he walked in the locker room and he returned the gesture before starting to change. "I'm going to talk to her when she gets back from studying with her friend Jacob after school. And I mean actually talk to her, not just say crap while she's rushing around not paying attention." 

"She told you she's studying with Jacob?" I finished pulling my shirt over my head and nodded. 

"She mentioned it before she left, said she was going to be back a bit late." Paul snorted a laugh and I stood up straight before giving him a look. "What? Is that supposed to be funny?" Paul shook his head No and Jared decided he should put himself into the conversation.

"Paul's taking her on a date." He grinned and Paul hit him over the head.

"Am not!" Paul denied and anger boiled up inside of me. This guy asked my best friend on a date and she felt like she had to lie to me about it? 

"I don't know why she didn't tell you but that's not what's happening. Sam wants her to speak to one of the elders to try and figure out what's happening and I told her I would take her after school. It's as simple as that." Paul shrugged as he finished his explanation and Jared looked offended. 

"And you didn't tell us because?"

"Because I didn't want you to try and follow us. She's stressed out about it and I doubt she wants you trying to make a joke about everything the entire time. Plus, it's not like you wouldn't have figured it out anyway next time we went on patrol together." Paul answered Jared and he rolled his eyes.

"Have your petty argument later, as for you," I pointed at Paul and he seemed unimpressed at my attempt to take control of the situation and it made me want to punch him. Did Sky seriously have to imprint on the biggest asshole in the school? "Just, make sure she's ok. She likes to run, it makes her feel better, but if it starts to overwhelm her and then she tries to run don't let her. She will take off and not think straight which could end up with her getting hurt. I know it sounds like I'm trying to be her parent or something but trust me, I grew up with her, I've seen her do it multiple times. She almost died because of it once." 

"Get your asses out here before I come in there and get you! You can gossip later you sissy's!" The gym teacher wrenched open the door and yelled inside and none of us waited a second more to get into the gym.

Sky's POV

"What did you say you needed from the store Em?" I parked my bike in the grocery store parking lot and started inside. Yes, I was supposed to be in school but it was really only a bit of gym class that I was missing so how bad is it really? I just offered to run to the grocery for Emily because she had mentioned that she needed to grab some things and I didn't really feel like having to deal with Paul, Jayden, and Jared all in one room for an entire class period. "Alright, I see it," I grabbed a sack of flour and grinned to myself when she made a comment about how much the guys loved her muffins. "I am hurrying, I know, I'm not really missing much it's only gym! Ok, I'll be back in ten minutes. Bye Em!" I hung up and stuffed my phone in the pocket of my jeans before setting the sack down to be scanned.