Chapter 29

Bambi the Fragile

Bambi the Fragile.

That was what the people were calling her now, much to Bambi's dismay and her best to not have it spread. How was she supposed to be respectable and taken seriously if she was nicknamed Fragile? She might as well turn in her position of Ambassador and Advisor to just become the Commander's wife. Titus would love that.

Bambi huffed as she placed her head on the pillow, the sight of her puffed cheeks and furrowed brows making Lexa bite her lip to stop the laughter that wanted to escape.

"What's the matter?" Lexa asked, knowing full well what was making Bambi grumpy. "Did Tara steal the last loaf of sweet bread again?"

Bambi sat up and turned her glare from the ceiling to Lexa, who was turning the candles off. "No, you know why I'm upset. It's because I got so sick that Tara made up that that nickname, now everyone calls me Bambi the Fragile."

"We could always tell the children to pull a prank on her

"We could always tell the children to pull a prank on her." Lexa blew out the last candle and made her way back to bed, sitting to face Bambi. "Would that make you feel better?"

Bambi hummed as she laid back down, thinking it over as she watched Lexa move to make the fur around them more comfortable to keep the cold air out. "Only if I can watch it happen."

Lexa chuckled. "I'm sure they will agree on that. Now," Lexa pressed her lips to Bambi's shoulder, the warmth engulfing her from that spot. "Did you take your medicine?"

"Yes, Keyleth made sure." Bambi caressed Lexa's cheek before she leaned forward slightly, Lexa meeting her halfway. When they pulled apart, Bambi turned her face away to cover her mouth as she yawned. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize." Lexa knew the medicine made Bambi tired soon after taking it, so she started to help Bambi lay back down. "You've had a busy day."

Bambi snorted softly, snuggling into the warm sheets. "I don't think reading and being checked on every hour would be defined as busy."

Lexa laid herself completely down, holding her arm out for Bambi to wiggle her way into them. She smiled as she felt Bambi's cold nose press against her neck, wrapping her arms around her shoulders while keeping the fur at Bambi's ears. "Is that good?"