Chapter 16

Wedding planning on the ARK was nothing like this

Nowhere near this chaotic.

The most one had to worry about was having something nice to wear for your wedding day that didn't have too many holes from so many years of use and making sure the place you moved into was big enough.

Bambi was thrust into the preparation but was able to flow into it, after a couple of bumps of course, since it was a lot like dealing with her Ambassador and Advisor duties but instead it was to do with her and Lexa—her fiancé.

The word made butterflies gather in her belly, but she didn't know if it was nerves from a big day coming closer, or the fact she was going to be married to a woman who made her look in awe of her strength, loyalty, intelligence and her beauty.

Did she have a crush on her fiancé? Maybe...

Did she have bigger things to think about right now other than how green Lexa's eyes turn when she spars? Yes.

Bambi sighed as she wondered how to make her dress, if there was a certain style that was required to marry a Commander, were there certain colors she had to wear?

At the peak of her thoughts, Keyleth came in with some papers for her. "Good morning, Bambi. I see you're up early today."

"I'm stressing over this dress, I can't even start designing it because I don't know what would be okay."

"I can help." Keyleth set the papers down. "I can grab some tea and we can go over everything."

Bambi hummed in appreciation, thankful for the young girl. "Thank you, Keyleth."

When Keyleth moved to the fireplace to place the kettle and prep the cups, Bambi grabbed the papers and opened the first one, then the next and so on. The messages were a mix of threats and congratulating.

Keyleth looked over and saw the blank look on Bambi's face and frowned in worry

Keyleth looked over and saw the blank look on Bambi's face and frowned in worry. She had been like that every time she got letters ever since she was engaged to the Commander.

"Bambi," Keyleth's soft voice made Bambi snap out of it. "Are you alright?" The look of worry on Keyleth's face makes Bambi frown as she realizes that she was showing her stress.