Chapter 6

As the Sun rose the next morning, the door to the room Bambi was is opened to show the tall blonde guard—Tara—and another guard that Bambi did not know

"Time to rise, Ambassador." She moved to shake Bambi awake. "It's time to gather your things."

Bambi easily gets out of bed and put her shoes on before following after the guards out of the tower and out of Polis.

The journey back to Arkadia was as nerve wracking as the day before after the news she got. What was she going to say? Well, she knew what to say, but how was everyone going to take it?

Next thing she knew, she had spotted the gates to Arkadia and her throat felt tight from the anxiety. She saw people gathering around the gate as they got closer and someone yelling to the crowd and their back to her and the guards—Bellamy.

"Bellamy!" She calls out, her voice making him spin around quickly—frantically looking for her and catching sight of her when she waved a hand over her head.

"Open the gate!" Bellamy orders as they got closer, Bambi starting to run a bit and Bellamy ran to meet her half way to hug her while picking her up. They stay like that, hugging tightly. "Don't you ever leave this camp like that again, okay?" They stop the hug and he puts her back down. "What did the Commander want?" he asks, seeing the grounders that followed after her.

That brings the anxiety back. "I need to talk to you and the others." She tells him. "It's important."

Bellamy looks back to see their little group, so he motions for them to follow after him to Bambi's room. The grounders appointed themselves in front of Bambi's room to guard the door.

Clarke was the first to speak up as Bambi started to pace. "What happened? What did the Commander want?"

Bambi sighs before telling them everything that happened—from the moment she left Arkadia to the moment the Commander told her she was going to stay in Polis from now on.

Clarke felt guilty as she realized that it was her fault, since it was her idea that Bambi should be an Ambassador. "I didn't explain the position to you completely." Clarke apologizes. "Since you and Lincoln are Ambassadors, you are expected to live in opposite places to be fair."

"Why didn't you say anything?" Bellamy snapped at Clarke.

"I forgot."

"Forgot?!" Bellamy yelled. "How do you forget something like that?!" Bellamy stepped closer to Clarke, ready to yell some more but a knock on the door interrupts him.

"Ambassador Bambi is expected back before sundown or the Commander will think you are holding her." Tara's voice came from the other side of the door. "That will be seen as a threat."

"We understand." Bambi takes that moment to start packing, Octavia helping her as Clarke and Bellamy talk.

"Bellamy, she'll be safe. The Commander knows she's too important to do anything." Clarke tells him but all she got in return was a glare and Bellamy marching out of the room in pure anger.