Chapter 5

A couple of days passed in Arkadia, everything normal and relatively quiet until two Grounders showed up at the front gate saying they were sent by the Commander.

The Arkadia guards didn't like that at all. "Why are you here?"

"We are the Commander's guards." One of the Grounders spoke up. "We are here for Ambassador Bambi by invitation from the Commander herself."

Meanwhile, Bambi was with Raven and Wick. She was going over the last bit of designs from her notebook of the designs that she made for the other grounder clans. "Do you think this could work with this?" she asks the two, holding up some materials. "It needs to withstand certain weather for this to really work, like extreme winter and the harsh sun."

"Of course." Raven shrugs. "But we'll need—"

Suddenly, the doors opened and Miller came running in—out of breath and trying to talk. He held up a finger, a signal for them to give him a moment before he finally caught his breath. "Bambi, we need Bambi." He wheezed.

Worried that someone was hurt, Bambi moves to the door with Miller right behind her. "What happened? Where do I need I go?"

"Gate." Was all Miller could say before Bambi ran off to the gate, only to see a group of her people and two grounders on the other side of it.

"What's going on?" Bambi asked as she looked around, looking for someone that needed her help.

"They're here for you, apparently." A middle aged woman answered.

This confuses Bambi some more. She hasn't done anything wrong—lately. Nothing that deserved a visit from some grounders. She moves to the front and the grounders see her. "Hello." She greets them. "You asked for me?"

"Ambassador Bambi, the Commander requested you at Polis to speak."

"Did she say what about?" When the grounders shake their head no, Bambi nods. "Okay. Do I need to bring anything?"

"No. Just you."

Bambi tells them to open the gate and when they leave, Bellamy is heading into Raven's workshop. He was going to get Bambi to head to the mess hall for food but just saw Raven and Wick.

"Hey, Bambi here?"

Raven shook her head. "Nope. Miller came in here in a hurry looking for her, both ran out of here."

That didn't sound good to the older Blake, so he went off while radioing Miller. "Miller, you got eyes on Bambi?"

"Not anymore, she passed the big hill."

Bellamy paused. "What did you say?"

"She passed the hill." Miller repeated.

"What the hell do you mean she's passed the hill?!" Bellamy snapped. "You let her outside alone?"

"No, some grounders came looking for her."

Bellamy wanted to scream and curse, at anyone. "And you let her?!" he marched his way towards the gate, where he sees Miller—who spots him as he was about to speak into the walkie. "What the hell were you thinking letting her just go with them?!"

"Bellamy!" Clarke came over and held him back from attacking Miller.

"I'm going after them!"

"No you aren't!" Clarke snapped. "You can't just march after her, they'll kill you."

"I don't care."

"And it'll start a war that we don't need—"

"I don't CARE!"