Chapter 34

Bambi scanned Lexa's face as she ran her fingers through her hair, scratching lightly at her scalp

Bambi scanned Lexa's face as she ran her fingers through her hair, scratching lightly at her scalp. She smiled as Lexa hummed, loving how Lexa's own hand was running up and down Bambi's back with the same gentleness. She wished she could see Lexa's eyelashes brush against her cheeks or look into her eyes as they lay this close to one another, but they were covered by bandages. She missed seeing that shade of green, but she would rather Lexa be careful and not strain her eyes.

"This is nice." Lexa sighed in bliss as Bambi's nails lightly scratched against her scalp just right. "Almost reminds me of our honeymoon."

Bambi smiled as she thought of their time on their beach in their little cabin. "We just need the ocean outside."

"And to be alone." Lexa huffed, her cheeks puffing cutely. "I hate the sound of everyone around us like this while we're in bed." She could hear the guards around the tent as they were changing shifts and she hated it.

Bambi laughed, pulling her face closer to Lexa so their lips were nearly touching. "And I thought I was the one that always wanted to stay in bed."

Lexa could feel her closer and covered the small amount between them to finally have their lips press against each other. She could kiss her wife all day and night—which is something they did often while in the tent. "We should go on another honeymoon."

"We can't—Lexa!" Bambi giggled as Lexa moved her lips to start nibbling at Bambi's neck.

"Think about it—us, alone. Me showing you the world. Pressed against each other under the furs, skin to skin." Lexa purred into Bambi's neck, continuing to kiss as she felt Bambi move her neck so she could cover more of it. "No one to interrupt us and learn more of each other. Did I mention alone?"

Bambi laughed, knowing how bothered Lexa was about that. Every time Lexa wanted to kiss and hold her in bed, it seemed like someone always needed to talk to the two of them. The only time they weren't bothered was a time like now, late at night when the higher ranked people were sleeping. "Yes, you did. But first, you have to get better so you show me more of the world. I don't think I know where to start."

Lexa was practically purring into Bambi, seeming like she was trying to merge into her. "I'll heal quickly then, just for you." She ran her nose across Bambi's jaw before Bambi moved her face so they could kiss once again. She hummed in contentment before she remembered something. "We have to get back soon."

"I know, but only when you're okay enough to move."

"Houmon," Lexa pressed her lips together, knowing that this was going to upset her wife, but it needed to be done. "I'm fine enough to move and I'm needed at Polis." She knew Bambi was just opening her mouth to say something, but she cut her off. "The longer I'm away, the more my enemies will see that I'm not well."

"You're not though."

"But my enemies don't know that. And I know you've been doing your best at helping me, but I do miss our bed."