Chapter 7

It has been days since Bambi seen the Commander—which in all honesty was fine for her since she was still upset about being kept at Polis with no choice—but she did spend the time with Keyleth

They were heading to Tara's home today, a little visit since the two had grown attached to Arin, Tara's son. He was quite adorable and an even more adorable flirt, Tara teasing that it was going to get worse when he grows up and her wife, Morgan, teased that it had to be from Tara but that only made Tara puff up with pride.

While they were just relaxing and talking, someone entered the room. He looked around and looked to be surprised to see Bambi there. "Ambassador," he bows his head quickly. "My name is Nyko, a healer from TonDC."

"I think I remember you. You're Lincoln's friend, right?" Bambi asks, remembering him talking about a Nyko but she never got to see him.

"Yes. Is it true that you cured him?" He motioned to Arin, who had been napping.

"Yes."

"Were you a healer in the sky?" he questions, curious.

"I was about to be a doctor, yes. Why?" Bambi frowned, completely unsure of where this was going.

"I came to Polis to speak to you about your medicine, about how you made it and if you could show me."

"I thought I'd never see the day Nyko would come begging for a Sky Person's help." Tara teases, smirking as he glared at her.

"A friend of mine built something that makes stronger medicine from the same plants you use." Bambi explains the process as carefully as she can.

Nyko hesitates before asking. "Is there a way to get the medicine for TonDC?" Bambi answers yes with no hesitation, which makes him pause. He offers her a price for the medicine, but Bambi denies it.

"I'll talk to my people to get you the medicine, but I need to tell the Commander that I have to go back to get the medicine first." Bambi bids everyone goodbye before rushing out with Keyleth right behind her.

They were rushing towards the tower that they nearly ran over Lexa, but Bambi did end up bumping into the Commander while Keyleth barely dodged Bambi.

"Heda!" Bambi exclaimed on surprise before bowing to the thrown off Commander. "Sorry about that."

"What are you doing?" Lexa asked since they were running.

"We were looking for you actually." Bambi tells her honestly. She goes to tell her about what she found out when Lexa cuts be off.

"Follow me." Lexa orders before she turns around and hears the two quickly following after her.

Bambi unknowingly deflates slightly when entering the tower and head towards where a grounder was laying on the ground gasping for breath.

Bambi knows that raspy gasp for breath and goes to move toward the grounder but Lexa stops her.

"He could be sick."

"This isn't contagious." Bambi goes over and the other guard is sitting with him, his brother she realizes when she sees they share physical similarities.

"This has never happened before." The brother speaks quickly, fear for his brother showing. "What is wrong with him?"

Bambi reaches into her small cloth bag that she had started to carry everywhere and pulls out this small container of oil she had just gotten. "Here, slowly breathe this in as best you can." She places some of the oil on his chest.

The guard breathes slowly while shaking, too scared at the sudden loss of breath to question why he should listen to her.

Lexa watches everything with a critical gaze, every single movement Bambi makes just in case and is amazed when the guard starts to catch his breathe again. "Do you know what happened?"

"He had an asthma attack," Bambi looks to the brother. "Has he been very sick lately?" The brother nods and Bambi explains what happened and tells him that if it happens again, to use the oil but too much oil will make it worse.

The brother thanks her before taking his brother home where he can rest.

When Lexa, Bambi and Keyleth leave the area, Lexa speaks up.

"That was impressive. How did you know what to do so quickly?"

"I was recruited to be a doctor—healer, before coming down and it's something I had dealt with beforehand." Bambi rubbed the remaining oil that was on her fingers on her hands. "The oils are easy to find in the market, thankfully, so it shouldn't be a problem for them to find." She pauses as she remembers why she was looking for the Commander. "But something stronger would be better in the long run. Which reminds me, I wanted to tell you that I needed to get to Arkadia."

"Why?" Lexa asks, suspicious.

"Someone asked for help—for medicine."

Lexa was still suspicious. "Who asked for help?" No one had come to her for help today.

"His name is Nyko and he's from TonDC. I know of him because he's Lincoln's friend. He came to find me and the medicine a friend and I made." Bambi explains.

Lexa nods. "Then we will head to Arkadia now—unless you disagree." She said the bait for Bambi to take, a trap to catch her in lie but Bambi surprises her.

"Okay, but Keyleth comes." That surprises the both grounders in front of her.

Lexa looks to Keyleth, the young girl surprised at Bambi, then back to the small sky girl in front of her. She nods and turns to tell some servants to send a message to those she was to meet today that she had to go to Arkadia for an emergency. "Would the medicine take long to make?"

Bambi shakes her head. "We made a bunch just in case and I had already used some to help the sickest here, in Polis."

Lexa remembers Tara saying something about medicine. "Tara's child."

Bambi nods. "The fever would've killed him if he hadn't gotten the medicine and Ogen, the trader with the long beard."

Lexa remembers and realizes that was why he gave Clarke the gift for no trade. "I would like to speak to this friend of yours."

"Of course." Bambi nods. "I can get him to talk to you." She smiles, not knowing that Lexa had a small moment of jealousy at the sight of the bright smile. "He can explain the workings of the process better than me."

Lexa leads them towards the gate, where Gustus and Nyko were already waiting. "We leave now." She commanded.