Chapter 13

After sending out false but close enough for it to be believed as true information for weeks, Bambi had finally narrowed down the suspect to one person.

She looked everything over four, five, six times before she gathered all the information to prove her case to Lexa. Today was the day they were getting rid of their problem.

Excited, Bambi rush to tell Lexa the good news.

She knocked on Lexa's door and Lexa let her in, confused by Bambi's bouncy step and giant smile

"I got it!" Bambi told her excitedly. "I finally found the snake!"

Lexa's eyes widen in surprise. "Really? Do you have the evidence?"

"It's in my room, safe and hidden. It took a while but we got'em, Lexa." Bambi hands her a photo of the suspect from far away, their attention focused on a spar happening.

Lexa nods and returns the photo to Bambi, going over the plan of capturing their little pest. "Gather everything and the witnesses, then meet me in the throne room. I will gather everyone else."

Bambi moved her eyes from Lexa, to the photo. "Is this the right way to do this? What if it backfires?"

Lexa's hand covered the photo from Bambi's sight, making the smaller woman look up at her

Lexa's hand covered the photo from Bambi's sight, making the smaller woman look up at her. "This is the right way. I promise, no harm will come to you." When she was rewarded with a soft smile, she gave a small one in return. "Ready?"

Bambi nodded. "Ready." With that, she leaves Lexa's room and nearly scared Keyleth half to death when she hurried into her room.

"Bambi?! What's wrong?!" Keyleth yelled, watching wide eyed as Bambi started to gather a stack of papers from under the bottles of paint in a dresser of her art desk.

"We don't have much time. We have to find some people and bring them to the throne room—now." Bambi told her the names of the people they needed and Keyleth ran off to retrieve them, trusting Bambi's word.

By the time Bambi had gathered all the evidence and made her way to the throne room, she was glad to see Keyleth had gathered everyone she asked for. When she saw their faces, she soothed them by saying that they weren't in trouble.