Chapter 23: Dorms

The early Sunday afternoon found Legosi and Louis walking side by side with the last of their things in their hands for their new dorms. The Dokugumi and Shishigumi's respective black cars have already left, now they just had to get comfortable in the new spaces.

"It's total bullshit that Cherryton is forcing us to live in dorms this year. I don't care how 'convenient' it is for others, they don't have to force everyone to stay in them!" Louis grumbled to Legosi as they walked.

The two Gumis had ensured the two had private dorms, even if it cost a little extra, rather than having them room with others. This way there was less risk of their true identities coming to the forefront. And luckily, the private dorms weren't split between carnivores and herbivores due to how little amount of animals actually bought the private dorms.

"Let's just be glad our parents decided we don't have to suffer through sharing dorm space with five roommates." Legosi comments with a chuckle. Louis groaned, "Thank Rex!"

They split into their dorms to finish unpacking before the school year officially starts.

Legosi puts his backpack on the floor, sitting on the bed to get a good look at the room. The bed was a double size, there was a built in closet where most of his things were now packed and a wooden desk with a chair under the large window. The private dorms still had a shared bathroom just down the hallway, but Legosi was sure he could make the space comfortable enough.

His bed has already been made, the blue sheets looking pristine as ever and his laptop was set up on the desk. He double checked that his schoolbag was correctly packed for the following day and then checked his phone. No messages so far.

Once Legosi finished off with his stuff in his room, he locked it and popped into the dorm right next to his own, which happened to be Louis'.

°°°

Louis put the box in his arms down on the table and flopped backwards onto his bed, which was a decently big size, though not as big as the one he had at the mansion. It had been made with his usual savannah sand coloured covers and hidden beneath the one pillow was his old stuffed lion toy. He never could bring himself to get rid of it.

He had a desk in the corner with a chair, right under the window, which had curtains that matched his bedsheets, his schoolbag was dropped haphazardly by the door and the other wall had a closet that held most of his things. He checked the bag under his bed and sighed in quiet relief when he saw his gun was still there. On one hand, he hadn't wanted to bring it onto schoolgrounds, but on the other, he felt safer in general with it so close by.

A familiar knock on the door made him put the gun back under the bed in it's bag and call for Legosi to enter the room. Legosi glanced around playfully before sitting on the chair behind the desk.

"What irks me is that they're forcing us to join at least one club this year. Don't they know we have better things to do?" Legosi grumbled, continuing their conversation from earlier. Louis sighs, "That too. Apparently, it's to keep us out of trouble, Agata claims." Legosi groaned again but before either of them could complain further, their attention turned to the door, where an envelope just got slid through. Another one slid through a minute later. Not even a knock on the door, how strange.

They looked between the envelopes and each other, before Louis got up to retrieve them. He read the names on the front and passed one to Legosi.

The wolf frowned, "How'd they know I was in here too?" Louis shrugs, "Beats me. It looks official though, so..." Louis trailed off, using a knife he has on him to cut open the envelope. Nothing funny inside, just a normal letter. Legosi seems to have gotten the same.

They shared another look and one more shrug before quietly reading their letters. Legosi's ears perked and one of Louis' ears twitched as they read through them.

"Scouted to join the Drama Club? What does that even mean?" Louis asks as he flops backwards onto his bed again. Legosi had a small pout on his face, his brow furrowed so low that it made his eyes look even smaller, his ears were also flicking in slight annoyance now.

"Do you think we should go? They're first meeting of the year is already tomorrow after school," Legosi half mumbles. He really didn't want to take part in some club, but at least this way, he didn't have to go through the trouble of finding one that wouldn't give him away.

He was physically in far better shape than most would think of a 15 year old due to his rigorous training back at the compound and most carnivore clubs had physical activity, which would raise questions.

Louis seemed to think the question over as well, biting his lip and fiddling with his left antler. He's been doing that since they grew in, it's a nervous tick he has from time to time.

The herbivore clubs all seemed too boring for Louis, either not interesting enough or outright just sounded like an excuse to pretend to be busy. He'd be risking his sanity sitting around so many herbivores in a confined space for more than ten minutes.

"I say we check it out, if we don't like it, we can always leave and never go back," Louis offered. Legosi nodded, his tail wagging slightly behind him. "That sounds like a plan to me, Lou."

_______________°•○●○•°_______________

Classes were as slow and boring as ever, but Legosi noted to thank Morro for drilling Seaspeak into his brain in the past.

After school, Legosi and Louis met up outside the closest class to the Drama Club, falling into step with each other. "Let's see what this Club is all about, shall we?" Louis asked and Legosi nodded.

They made it to the door, seeing several older students walk into the room. They paused, took a collective deep breath, and then entered the room side by side. They saw some other students their age and went over to stand by them.

It appeared the leader of the Club was a senior year Dall sheep student. He looks like he uses too much woolspray and dresses just to get attention. Maybe he does, Louis didn't know. He threw a glance at Legosi and thought maybe Legosi was thinking the same thing by the way his lip twitched ever so slightly.

The leader welcomed everyone and explained the roles in the club. The Actors, the Dancers and the Stage crew.

Legosi went over to the stage crew, waving as a greeting to the others. He always liked working with his hands, so this should suit him just fine. They all smiled and greeted him back in varying ways. Dom may be a year older, but he was nice, so Legosi stuck close to him.

Louis went over to the actors team, which was mostly older students and then a small sheep and a familiar cocky tiger his age. He couldn't dance, so that was out the window, and he liked attention, so being on stage would be no trouble for him.

For now, everyone was just getting used to the new members and explaining what they do in the Club, so there wasn't anything serious for them to work on yet. That would come later this week when the leader and the teacher running the club had decided what their first performance of the year would be.

_______________°•○●○•°_______________

Legosi and Louis met up again after the Club was over and walked together back to their dorms.

"Well, that wasn't too bad," Louis shrugged. Legosi mimicked the shrug, "Yeah, it seems nice. At least we don't have homework yet." Louis sighs, "At least, yeah. By the way, have you seen Haru today?"

Legosi nods, "Yeah, she's in my Biology class. Is she not in any of yours?" "Not that I've seen yet. I haven't had Seaspeak yet, so maybe we have that together tomorrow." Louis says.

Legosi mentally noted that he had Biology with Haru, PE with Louis and so far he hasn't seen his canine acquaintances yet, but maybe they were just busy, just like his own day had been.

They made it to their dorms soon enough and split up to try and do their homework before dinner. They planned to meet up for dinner again and if they are done with their homework, they might spend the night together, at least until curfew, then they would split for the night. It was at least nice to know that the other was nearby.