Chapter 35: The Aftermath

As Louis had suspected, Saturday and Sunday, the mansion was crazy quiet as everyone slept off their exhaustion and injuries from the Turf Wars. They'd only really show their faces to get something to eat.

Ibuki and Dolph, despite well roughed up too, were in the office all weekend and Louis, despite his protesting bruised ribs, spent most of the weekend curled up on the couch, playing on the console they had there.

Free had joined him for a bit, smoking a silvervine joint while he did, but eventually the scarred lion moved on to do something else with less flashing lights. His concussion didn't like the lights.

Hino had at some point showed up in the livingroom and curled up on the beanbag in the corner, watching Louis play videogames for a while before falling asleep there. Louis didn't think much of it.

After a while, Louis had gotten tired too, so he paused the game, turned it's sound off and grabbed one of the throw pillows on the couch. With the way his cheek and ribs were bruised, he couldn't really find a comfortable sleeping position, that's why he ended up here, so he just crossed his legs on the couch, put the pillow on them and folded forward to place his head on the pillow, face down.

He fell asleep like that, surprisingly comfortable and painless, folded in half on the couch. He was vaguely aware and half asleep, when Agata decided to saunter in and cuddle up against his side, resting his head on Louis' lower back. Both of them were consumed by sleep again soon after.

Sabu had found them like that when he was looking for the three of them before dinner that Sunday night. He may or may not have taken a picture of Agata and Louis sleeping like that before he even attempted to wake them up.

_______________°•○●○•°_______________

Usually Legosi and Louis would walk together to the cafeteria to grab breakfast before they head to their first classes of the day. Today, though, Louis had Legosi go ahead and he'd catch up later.

The wolf seemed to have recovered overnight from any injuries he'd gotten at the Turf Wars. There were no bruises or cuts, or anything for that matter, to insinuate he'd been in a fight just days ago. Louis chalked it up to the komodo dragon genetics.

Louis could hide the bruised ribs and handful of healing cuts just fine. The bruise on his cheek was a different story though.

He was walking on his way to his first class of the day, when a gasp sounded from somewhere around his feet. Did he almost step on a small classmate? Looking down he spotted Haru and relaxed a bit. He also wasn't close enough to have stepped on her feet or anything, which meant the gasp had been for another reason entirely.

"What happened to you?" Haru demanded, arms crossed like an angry mother. Louis chuckled, "Well hello to you too." Haru crossed her arms, "I'm serious, Louis. What happened?"

Louis sighed and tried to move around her, only to get his wrist grabbed and dragged into a different direction. "Haru, our class is the other way." Haru scoffed, "I know!" "Then where are we going?" Louis grumbled. His ribs were really protesting the angle here. "To the garden club so I can use the makeup I have there to hide your bruise. You're bloody lucky I have red eyeshadow."

He rolled his eyes, but didn't resist. He didn't completely follow why that was necessary, but he didn't argue it, if only to avoid making her cute face angrier.

°°°°°

She had him sit down on the chair in the shed while she grabbed a small bag from under the table. After climbing onto the table, she sat in front of him and got to work. He wasn't exactly sure what she was doing, but at least she wasn't poking at the bruise, so he didn't stop her.