Chapter 37: The Incident

A month had passed since Tem was almost eaten. He'd been clinging very closely to Louis and Legosi in that time. No one really took notice of it, writing it off as Tem being his usual friendly self.

However, with the healing wounds and sore muscles, Tem had struggled to keep up during practice for the Adler play. So he'd asked Louis to help him perfect the last couple scenes.

Louis had called both Legosi and Tem into his office during Club time to talk about it. "So Tem and I are going to be practicing after curfew. Legosi, do you mind keeping lookout for us?" Louis asked, addressing the wolf who had been standing close to the wall.

Legosi shrugged, then nodded, "Sure, but we can't take too long." Louis nodded, a grin spreading over his thin lips. "Good, we'll meet up just before then and head to the stage," Louis finalised.

Tem looked a little apprehensive about the idea, but the fact that Legosi would be keeping lookout for them made him relax a little more. He's come to trust the wolf as a safe place to hide by.

_______________°•○●○•°_______________

They met up in Louis' dormroom before curfew and they got themselves ready, making sure everything else like homework was done before they had to do that.

When they were sure the dorm mother was done with her rounds for now, they made their way out of the building. With Legosi leading the way, they made it to the auditorium without ever being visible in the lights sprinkled around campus.

Louis and Tem went inside and Legosi took a seat on the steps outside, glancing around and keeping his ears perked for any movement. It was a quiet night, more so out here than usual.

When half an hour passed, he lit a cigar and placed it to his lips. He might as well smoke while he was out here.

He heard something scratch from beyond the fountain. A shadow barely moved, small but sure footed. It wasn't a herbivore. Snuffing out his cigar bud on the steps, he focuses in on the movement.

They seemed to have heard him too, cause they were holding their breath and standing still.

Statistically, Legosi had the upper hand here, he was bigger, faster, and trained in this kind of stuff. He shifted to his hunches and got ready to pounce.

Slow breath in, slow breath out. The other let out a squeak and then bolted. Something from his instincts sparked, but it wasn't his instincts that caused him to give chase, that was his own decision.

It only took a couple leaps and a jump to pin the other to the ground. This close, he could tell who it was and he kept her securely pinned, in case she tried anything.

"Don't kill me!" She squeaked out again, causing Legosi to move the hand holding her head down to cover her muzzle. "Shut up!" He hissed, glancing around to make sure no one saw or heard them.

When he was sure no one else was around, he let out a low growl and returned his attention to the small red fox. She was rattling like a chihuahua. "And just what the hell are you doing here?" He asks, moving his hand just enough so she could talk.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Mom wants to send me here and I just wanted to get a look at the place, please don't kill me!" Sora rambles, trying to hide her head in the cement below them.

"Legosi!" The sudden yell sent ice through both of their veins. He looked over to where Tem was on the stairs. The alpaca clearly couldn't see him but he knew he was here.

"Tem?" Legosi asks, loud enough for the alpaca to hear. "We need help in here!" He called, squinting to try and see Legosi. Legosi bent down over Sora and whispered, "Consider yourself fucking lucky. Stay down."