Chapter 42: Festival Prep

"Just like last year, we were invited to participate in the Meteor Festival! Of course, we plan to accept as always," Sanu tells the club at the beginning of club time on a Monday afternoon.

It's been a month since their last performance and Legosi chalked their lack of more performances up to Sanu having expected this invitation. Everyone in the club seemed happy, celebrating that they would be aloud to walk around town unsupervised and be able to have some fun.

"Now remember guys! This isn't for fun!" Sanu interrupts their little celebration. "We're going there to help out with the festival!" The group still laughs happily.

Behind them, sitting near the mirrors, Dom muses, "Guess the art department is gonna be busy again this year." At least he seemed happy about it. "Let's discuss more in the storage room!"

The rest of the stage crew sigh, though Toby didn't seem to really catch on to the problem, but he got up and followed the others into the back anyway, sticking close to Legosi.

°°°°°

"We can't just use the same statue from the year before! We aren't lazy!" Dom chastised, much to the others annoyance. Speak for himself, Legosi thought.

"Why does it have to be a dinosaur anyway? Can't we take something easier?" Kibi asks as they look at the statue from the year before, half damaged and paint peeling off.

"Dinosaurs are the ancestors of ALL animals. Their very existence is significant," Dom starts lecturing, but Kibi interrupts him, "They say every year we welcome the ghosts of extinct dinosaurs, but no one really cares about that! What everyone is looking forward to, is the candle lighting ceremony at the end of the day!"

"Couples who put a lit candle on the meteor together, is said to live happily ever after. So they say, anyway," Kibi finished off. Dom puts them all to work a moment later.

°°°°°

After club, the stage crew walk together to the cafeteria. Toby was hanging near the back with Legosi, like he'd done during the whole club meeting earlier as well.

"It's just a time for people to have some fun," Kai grumbles as the sun sets over them. "The actors team will be goofing off with their boyfriends and girlfriends, while we're left with all the work!"

"The dance team too!" Kibi interjects. Dom rolls his eyes, "Oh come on guys, it isn't that bad. They're relying on the art department to come through with this."

Kai grumbled, "You guys don't get what I'm saying! They're probably putting all this work on us because we look like we're not doing anything and just slacking off!" Kai was being overdramatic about it, if you asked Legosi.

"They should give us a break, we have one member capable of taking down a drunk tiger and one that can melt animals faces off when they get angry," The red panda guy says, throwing a glance at Legosi and Toby in the back. Legosi never did learn the guy's name.

Dom quickly moved to the back to walk beside them though, "Not that we're worried about that!" Legosi and Toby stop walking though. 

With a sigh from Legosi, he says, "You guys go ahead and get dinner. Toby and I will meet up with Louis and grab dinner in a bit." Toby nods in agreement and they turn to go find Louis and Haru.

Dom smacks Fudge with his bag as he turns back to the group, "Nice going, you made it awkward for them!" He got a simple shrug in response.

_______________°•○●○•°_______________

The four find themselves sitting on what could be considered the porch of the cafeteria building, off to the side away from the steps. They had their trays of food perched on their laps and were eating in the setting sun.