Chapter 48: Things happening

It was just another Wednesday afternoon at the club. Dom and Legosi were discussing which filters would work best for the next performance that they were planning. They were stuck between red and blue.

It was going to be a performance of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, with Louis playing as Jekyll and Pina playing as Hyde, juxtaposed to each other. It was a musical, but both the herbivores had wonderful singing voices that could travel to the back of the auditorium, so that wasn't going to be an issue.

Some of the actors and dancers were helping each other stretch by the mirrors and the stage crew was hard at work making the costumes and props they would need.

A high pitched scream rang out, getting the attention of everyone in the room. By the mirrors, in the middle of the floor, lay Kibi, his arm ripped clean off. Tao was a few feet away from him, frozen in terror and still holding the arm. It appears to have given way at the shoulder joint.

Tao spluttered, trying to explain that it was an accident as everyone comes closer, trying to figure out what to do. "Herbivores stand back!" Louis ordered as he jumped off the stage and came over to stand by Legosi.

Tao dropped the arm as the herbivores moved away from him, they instead went to Kibi's aid. Tao was clearly panicking and Legosi had to note that sometimes carnivores forgot just how strong they are by nature. Yes, it was an accident, but that doesn't make it any less gruesome to the herbivores standing by.

Tao grabbed Els by the shoulders and shook her, "You know I didn't mean it, right?! It was an accident!" Els looked two seconds away from screaming. Bill stepped in, luckily, and pushed Tao away, holding him in a way that pinned his arms to his own body and trying to calm the panther down. Sheila ran over to help calm him down too.

Tao wiggled out of Bill's grip and clasped onto Sheila in a death grip. She held him securely, alternating between rubbing his head and his back to try and calm him down.

Confident that Sheila could handle her boyfriend, the rest of the club's attention turned back to Kibi. Dom had tied the shirt around his shoulder to help staunch the flow of blood.

Legosi found the smell of blood didn't phase him and mentally noted to check that over later. Kibi was still writhing in pain, barely holding back tears. Legosi didn't imagine it was a pleasant feeling to lose a limb.

"We need to get him to the infirmary quickly! They'll get him to a hospital and be able to reattach his arm!" Sanu said, urging anyone to help Kibi get to the infirmary.

Aoba went closer, wanting to pick Kibi up to take him to the nurse, but Kibi caught one glimps of him and screamed, reeling away from the eagle.

"No! No carnivores! You'll take the other arm too!" Kibi yelled, shivering still from the pain. Louis gave Legosi a glance as Aoba backed away. "I'll take him," Louis said, tone gentle as he went over to Kibi. "Is that okay, Kibi?" Louis asked as he bent down. Kibi gave him a look and once he clocked that Louis was a herbivore, he nodded.

Louis adjusted Kibi into his arms and allowed the anteater to hook his legs around his back. To several carnivores' surprise, Louis got up with ease. He had a lot of strength from growing up in the Market, but none of them knew that.

"Someone needs to take the arm," Dom said, trepidation all too clear in his voice. The herbivores seemed afraid of it, while the carnivores seemed unsure. Legosi, noting his instincts were still not doing anything in accordance to the blood, decided he'd be fine to help. He threw his red tracksuit jacket over the arm and folded it up before picking it up. "There, so no one needs to see," Legosi said.

Louis gave him a nod and then the two took off to the infirmary, Louis moving with ease despite the extra weight. When had he gotten that strong?

Louis and Legosi made the trip to the infirmary as quick as they could without jostling Kibi too much. They knew well what shock and pain could do to an animal, especially herbivores.