Chapter 31: Legosi's Day to Day 2

Biology class on this Monday was going agonisingly slow. Legosi would usually be somewhat excited at least because afterwards there would be Drama Club, but not this week.

Legosi and Haru were passing a note between the two of them every time the teacher wasn't looking, just writing about anything more interesting than what was going on in the class.

'Do you have drama club meeting this afternoon?' One of Haru's questions said as she passed the paper back. 'Club is on break this week. Why?' Legosi wrote back.

'Need some help in the gardening club today. Wanna help?' She wrote back. Legosi offers her a gentle smile and writes back 'sure, we can go straight after class ends.' Haru smiles back at him. The rest of their passed notes were just random stuff after that.

When the bell finally rung and let them out of class, Legosi let out a quiet sigh. He pulled his bag over his shoulder and followed Haru out of the class. He hadn't really realised it yet, but he tended to slouch even more than usual when he was around Haru, just to make it easier for them to talk, despite the height difference.

"So why's the drama club on break? Did something happen?" Haru asked as they passed students, all of which were going to their own respective clubs. "Nothing bad happened, at least, if that's what you're asking,"Legosi answers. "The Macbeth performance had gone so well that Sanu gave us the week off to rest. It had been quite a job getting that play ready," Legosi adds, the two of them chuckling.

"Oh, that's nice at least. Do you think Louis would join us too?" Haru asked. Legosi shrugged, "I have no idea, maybe. If you want, I can always ask the boys to come help out too, they'd be delighted." At some point, Legosi had taken to calling his canine friends 'the boys' and since no one corrected him or had a problem with that, he just kept doing it.

Haru smiled and nodded, "That would be nice, if they have the time." Legosi nods and stands upright again, texting something on his phone. At some point Jack had put him on the 701 group chat.

On the way to the gardening club, Louis had fallen into step with them and was idly talking to Haru while Legosi texted with the canines.

Haru sighed as Mizuchi and her two friends turned the corner and heads towards them. Legosi just glanced at Mizuchi over his phone, Louis seemed to straighten up somewhat, glaring at the harlequin rabbit.

"Are those two still friends with a slut like you?~ Or are you going to sleep with them too!" Mizuchi said, her friends laughing like crows behind her. Legosi just rolled his eyes at the rabbit, though he did straighten his posture to his full height and glared at her over his phone.

Haru was biting back some response when Mizuchi tried to get physical. Louis sighed and stepped forward, "Listen bitch, do you never learn to back off?"

Mizuchi looked offended at being called a bitch and lifted her ears to look a little bigger, saying, "Oh, and what are you going to do, deer boy? Sick your guard dog on me?" Her friends cackled again.

Louis shrugged, "I don't need Legosi to do anything. It'll be easy enough to make a light snack out of you, myself." His voice had lowered to a threatening tone and that seemed to scare the three small bullies.

"I'll- I'll tell the Dean!" Mizuchi yelled, shaking but with her hands clenched at her bag's strap. "He'll never believe you~" Louis said in a low rumble. That got the three bullies to back off and run in the other direction. Louis and Legosi shared a laugh at their reactions.

Haru started walking again and they followed after her, "You were just joking right?" She asked Louis as they climbed the last staircase to get to the club. "Of course I was. I just read somewhere that before civilisation, deer were opportunistic and would eat meat when presented with the opportunity," Louis said with a shrug.