Chapter 32: Confession

Legosi paced around Gosha's office, his hands gesticulating wildly as he talked. Gosha sat and watched him with a fond smile, paperwork long forgotten. "Young love~" Gosha teased, firmly in granpa mode. Legosi groaned and dropped into one of the chairs opposite Gosha's desk, running his hands over his face and sighing loudly.

It took a month for it to properly click and sink in that Legosi had a big fat crush on Louis. He's come to terms with that, but was afraid of ruining things between him and his longest standing friend, so he'd come to Gosha about it, asking for advice.

Gosha had been all sweet about it, though not so sure how to help his grandson. He didn't mind that it was Louis or that Louis was male. As long as Legosi was happy, then he didn't mind who he was in love with.

Legosi groaned, "What do I do?" He dragged his hands over his face again and Gosha chuckled at him once more. "Look, just tell him. The worst that can happen is him saying no." Legosi glared at his grandfather from between his fingers, small pupils holding more venom than the vials tucked into his jaws. "And then he doesn't want to be friends cause I made it weird!" Legosi grumbled, throwing his head back to lean on the backrest of the chair.

"I'm sure you're overthinking this, big pup. Louis wouldn't react that harshly. At worst things will be a little awkward and then it'll pass over," Gosha offered again. Legosi sighed, "I suppose you're right, but that doesn't make this any easier, you know." Gosha shrugged.

Gosha could offer moral support, but he couldn't offer much in terms of love for another animal. Toki had been a brothel girl that accidentally got knocked up and Leano hadn't gotten involved with him until she was 15. She also hadn't told him anything about her one night stand or why she had Legosi in the first place.

So for now, Gosha just offered an ear and a gentle smile to try and calm the wolf's nerves.

_______________°•○●○•°_______________

Legosi and Louis were sprawled out in Louis' dormroom on the bed, halfway tangled over each other and with books surrounding any open space that the bed would've otherwise had. The Seaspeak exam was coming up and they've been cramming the damn thing for days in worry that they'd fail the stupid class.

The teacher wasn't very good at his job, which left the students to teach themselves. Legosi luckily had Garth to help him out with the subject and apparently Sabu spoke Seaspeak like it was his first language, so he'd been helping Louis with it.

Legosi got an idea as he went over sentence structures and it made his tail wag, slapping Louis' calves in the process. He had some doubts about it, but this was as close as he was going to get with a confession.

"Hey Louis?" Legosi asked and once Louis looked over and gave him his full attention, Legosi said something in Seaspeak, his hands fiddling with the book in his hands as he did and his tail curling around his thigh.

Louis' face turned redder than his fur usually was, spreading to his neck and ears, which wiggled in response. Legosi was sure the burning in his own cheeks was causing quite a blush as well.

"Legosi... I'd love to be your boyfriend, and a date sounds lovely," Louis responded, a smile on his face. This wolf was absolutely adorable when he wanted to be.

Legosi's tail went wild in a manner that Louis hadn't witnessed since they were very small. It was rather endearing. Before Louis could brace himself, Legosi had grabbed him into a full body hug, their limbs thrown around each others, legs tangled and the books they previously held in their hands now on the floor. Louis relaxed into the hug, tightening his arms around Legosi's shoulders. He managed to tuck his head against Legosi's shoulder without nicking him with his antlers. It felt right.