Chapter 51: Parents and Grandparents

A careful, but prominent, knock sounded from the door, causing the two inside to go quiet. "That would be him," Gosha said quietly and he could hear Legosi shifting around outside the door.

"Come in!" Gosha called while Toki straightened her skirt out again, just needing something to do with her hands. It's been 15 years since she's last seen Legosi and she was as nervous as she was excited to see him once more.

She didn't know what she was expecting, but this was not it. He was big, like almost the same height as a lot of the Komodo Dragons she passed on the way in. He looked gangly, the toned muscles of a wolf and long limbs to match, but too tall. The scars literring any visible skin was also startling.

Legosi glanced over the room as he entered, closing the door behind him and walking up to stand beside Gosha's chair. He wasn't sure who the wolf was but she didn't smell like Okamigumi members usually smell, so she likely wasn't one.

Surveying Gosha's eyes and expression made Legosi relax to some extent. The female wolf wasn't a threat if Gosha is in grandpa mode.

Toki silently admired the respect and trust Legosi showed towards Gosha, clocking the giant wolf relaxing as he took in Gosha's demeanor.

Gosha shifted to make space for Legosi on the arm of the chair, tapping it to signal to the wolf he could sit down.

Legosi carefully glanced between Gosha and the unfamiliar wolf, but ultimately sat down on the arm of the chair, leaning his side against Gosha's shoulder in the process. The old komodo didn't mind.

"I think it's about time you met your grandmother," Gosha said, taking note of how Legosi's muscles went rigid. Toki waved and smiled sweetly, but that didn't change anything in Legosi's posture.

Legosi tilted his head and waved back, still speechless, but at least showing a reaction. Gosha hasn't seen the teenager react like that in a while, creating a strange feeling of nostalgia tightening his chest.

Toki giggled at Legosi's tilted expression, catching the attention of both males in the room. Legosi's ears shot up as high as they could, aiming towards the sweet sound. Gosha supposes he should give the two a moment to sort out their visual investigation of each other in a way only canines do.

For a moment Gosha is worried Legosi would bolt out of the room, watching as Legosi slowly rises to his feet again. Toki seems nervous, but stays in place, folding her hands in plain sight so Legosi wouldn't perceive her as a threat. She doesn't know exactly what he's learned in 15 years, especially living in a gang this strong and influential, so she chooses to appear as non threatening as she possibly can.

Both adults watched as Legosi slowly made his way over to her, sniffing the air as if looking for something. Maybe something familiar? In good nature, Toki holds her hand out, palm up, towards him. Legosi glanced between Gosha and Toki one more time before bending down to sniff at her palm.

To Gosha's surprise, Legosi leaned his cheek into her palm and hunched down beside the chair she was in to not bend so much. Toki giggled again and fluffed the fur there. There's the puppy she remembers, hidden and almost gone from being raised in this harsh environment.

At Toki's giggle, Legosi let out a soft laugh too and Gosha sighed in relief, shaking his head. He hasn't seen Legosi act so canine in years. The teen has come to almost mimick the dragons perfectly in every aspect, but seeing him show some form of canine traits too made Gosha smile. It was good.

_______________°•○●○•°_______________

Ibuki calls for whoever is knocking to enter and Louis sticks his head into the office, narrowly missing the doorframe with his antlers. Ibuki can't help but notice they've become knarled and curled in a way he's only seen in some older stags before.