Chapter 46: Meteor Festival

Legosi was still tired when he left his dorm room the next morning, Louis by his side, sipping on an energy drink and giving Legosi the occasional sip.

They were on their way to the drama club room, where they would meet up with the rest and head to the fairgrounds together, when Dom runs towards them. Legosi catches the peafowl, who stumbles to a stop.

"Hey, what's got you in such a hurry?" Louis asks, helping to straighten the peafowl out. Dom pants for a moment before saying, "Bill's back. He's in the infirmary. Apparently he saved Tem and Els from whatever group kidnapped them." With that, Dom runs off again, presumably towards the nurse's office.

Legosi and Louis glance at each other. "Should we go check on him?" Legosi asks and Louis weighs their options before shaking his head, "If he really did go after that group, we can corner him later and ask him about anything he can tell us about them." Legosi nods and the two head to the club room.

Toby was already there and the kid seemed to brighten up when he spotted the two of them entering the room.

It took about an hour's wait for all the club members to meet up in the clubroom, including Bill, who'd apparently gone to his room to change into clean clothes.

_______________°•○●○•°_______________

The sun was starting to set and the festival would officially start in a couple minutes, when Louis showed up by the tent where the stage crew were ensuring the last couple things were done for the festival.

Louis and Legosi made eye contact and Louis gestured for Legosi to follow him. The wolf got up and after checking that Kai would be okay with the lights on his own, Legosi followed after Louis.

"Theres still a couple hours before the performance. Why don't we walk around the fairgrounds for a bit?" Louis offered and Legosi shrugged before nodding. "That would be nice," Legosi said quietly.

Louis hooked their arms together and the two started walking through the stalls. Legosi found himself baffled by the concept of cotton candy. It looked like a cloud, tasted like pure sugar and melted when it touched your tongue. Louis had found Legosi's reaction to the confection rather cute and he'd told his wolf that, much to the blushing wolf's dismay.

Louis had played a couple games, one of which was a ring toss game, where he won several rounds, getting a wolf and a deer plushy, the latter of which he gave to Legosi, who couldn't stop wagging his tail, even if it was slow. Louis earned a kiss on the cheek for that one.

Some other animals were giving them looks, not only for being two males in a relationship, but also because they were a carnivore and a herbivore in a relationship. They ignored those animals though and just enjoyed their night.

"Your family going to come by?" Legosi asked Louis as they bought something to drink and sat on a bench nearby. Louis shrugged, "Free and Agata said they'd pop in for a bit around the time of the performance, but the others are unfortunately busy. How about yours?" Legosi shook his head, "It's unlikely, but one or two of my brothers may be in the shadows to keep an eye on something." Louis nodded and the two shared a couple quiet minutes to just drink their sodas.

Legosi noticed Collot with his girlfriend walking around and saw the rest of the 701 boys as a group, walking around and snacking on pretty much everything. He just smiled and shook his head at that.

Louis noticed Haru and her clubmates taking turns to watch the flower stand and go have fun. Terry and his friends were also running around, blowing all their money on rigged games. Eventually, he and Legosi started walking around again, listening to the bands and competitions taking place over the speakers from the stage.