Chapter 57: Senior Dance

It's a warm Friday afternoon when Louis and Legosi separate in the hallway to their own dormrooms for once. Tonight would be the senior dance and Louis had asked Legosi to accompany him to it about a week ago. They both wanted to get ready and meet up before going there together.

Louis let out a tired sigh as he walked through the threshold of his room, only to register movement outside of his own and immediately go for his gun. It was a trained response at this point. He registered the familiar faces before he got a hold on his weapon though and aborted the movement halfway through.

Closing his door, Louis locked it and threw his backpack on the bed, right next to Agata. "How did you three get in my dorm?" Louis asked, rubbing at his left eye. As if to answer, Free held up a lock picking kit and chuckled, as if the answer should be obvious and Louis found himself amused. Because of course it had been Free that picked his door open and let the others inside.

"What are you guys doing here then?" Louis asked as he shrugged off his blazer and took a seat at his desk, still glancing between the three lions. Hino spoke up then, his gentle voice soothing after a long day, "We're here to help you get ready for the dance, at least Agata and I are, I'm not sure why Free came along."

Louis and Agata chuckled as Free pulled a small camera out of his jacket, "Ibuki wants pictures."

The next two hours are spent with Hino and Agata helping Louis get ready. Hino started the whole thing by putting some kind of wax on Louis' antlers that made them look shiny and healthy. Hino smacked Louis' hand away when he tried to touch his antlers, claiming the wax needs to absorb before they do anything else with them.

Agata handed him a bag of clothes that they brought along and Louis ended up in a red dress shirt that worked well with his fur colour, with black slacks and black shoes and tie to match. Louis rolled the sleeves of the dress shirt up to his elbows and chuckled as Free snapped the umpteenth photo of the night.

Then Hino had him sit down again and pulled a small bag from his own pocket with a handful of makeup supplies. At the questioning look on Louis' face, Hino shrugged and said, "It's just eyeliner, trust me." Louis shrugged and let Hino do his thing, trusting the white lion wouldn't lead him astray.

Just before he had to meet up with Legosi, Agata tactfully spun a fine string of beads into his antlers and Hino handed Louis two rings, a square one with a ruby and a gold one that, when Louis got a closer look, he realised had the gangs emblem on it. A signet ring. Louis' chest fluttered from the gesture.

Free looked about to follow him out the door and Louis wanted to laugh and thank them at the same time. He wouldn't have put so much effort into his look tonight if they hadn't been around.

_______________°•○●○•°_______________

Legosi entered his room and took a moment to blink at the two komodo dragons leaning against the wall by his open window. He chuckled and shook his head, locking the door behind him.

Spine nodded to the clothes bag that was hooked to the handle of the closet and Legosi dropped his backpack before he went over to it. He checked the outfit out before smiling, knowing Spine would have his measurements down to the millimeter.

Legosi rolled his shoulders and tried to relax. He'd agreed to go to the dance because Louis had asked him, but big groups, like this would be, was never his preferred place to be. He could hold out for a couple hours, for Louis, if nothing else. Once mentally more prepared for the night, he shrugs off the school's waistcoat.

Savon makes him aware of the small vanity case on his desk and as Legosi shrugs out of his shirt, he goes over to see what they'd brought him. He took a sniff at the bottle of cologne to decide if he could put up with the scent for the whole night and gave a slight nod as confirmation. He saw Savon and Spine fist bumping as they got confirmation that the smell wasn't too much for their pup.