Chapter 24: How it's going

The first month had flown by and classes almost felt like they were getting faster and easier to deal with. It was the last class of Wednesday, PE. Most students dreaded this class, but Legosi and Louis didn't really mind it.

They were just doing the normal stuff, some running, situps and pushups. "Alright, three laps of the field!" The PE teacher called. He was an older looking kangaroo with an angry set to his brows.

Legosi and Louis let some of the other carnivores take the lead, then started running a few meters behind them. They set an easy pace, keeping just behind the carnivores, who seemed to be trying to show off.

Halfway through the second lap, those same carnivores started slowing down and struggling to continue the run, Legosi and Louis overtook them and kept at their pace. The smaller herbivores were running in the back, kind of confused how a deer kept up so easily with a wolf.

Louis smiled at Legosi as they turned into their last lap, the wolf smiling back. They were still the same height, if you didn't count Louis' antlers making him appear taller.

They ended their third lap easily and caught their breath while they waited for the small animals to finish up and the cocky carnivores to catch up. Several of the latter looking a bit more than just peeved at the ease which they were doing this with.

Once everyone joined the end, the teacher allowed them a minute to catch their breaths before moving on to the situps. "30 each, do them however you please, but do 30."

Legosi and Louis picked a spot to the side of the group and sat down across from each other. They hooked their feet with each other and laid down backwards to begin the exercise. They timed their movements to be in sinc so they could count them at the same time.

Once they were done, they shifted to sit next to each other and watch the rest of the group. Legosi's ears twitched as he heard some of the herbivores speak ill of them for varying reasons. He didn't pay them much attention, knowing they'd be in the same place if he hadn't had Ronan to train him and Louis hadn't had Miguel to train with.

Soon it was time for the pushups and they did them as well, maybe slowing down a bit just to make it more normal looking.

As easy as this was, that didn't mean the sun hadn't caused them to sweat as well, so they were looking forward to a good shower after school before they tried to attempt homework.

The final bell rang and Legosi and Louis grabbed their bags, heading straight for their dorms. On the way there, Jack had seen them and stepped into pace with them.

"Hey Legosi," Jack greeted, his tail wagging. Legosi offered a tired kind of smile, "Oh hey, Jack." Jack smiled at him and Legosi wondered for the umpteenth time how the labrador seemed to glow when he did that. "So, uh we were wondering if maybe you'd want to come hang out with us later in our dorm?"

Legosi had to think of that for a second, then shrugged, "Sure, buddy. Let me just grab a shower and I have some homework to do but I'll come over once I'm done." Jack yipped happily, doing a little jump that made Legosi chuckle. "Which dorm is yours again?" "701!"
With that, Jack practically skipped off.

Legosi caught the look Louis was giving him and just shrugged, "What? I'm supposed to socialise with canines at least a little and everyone is usually so awkward in the Biology room." Louis rolled his eyes with a chuckle, "Oh nothing." Legosi just huffed in response, playfully smacking Louis' lower back with his tail.

They soon reached their dorms, dropping their bags and grabbing their shower supplies before heading for the communal bathrooms down the hall. No one else was there, so they took their sweet time to properly get cleaned and not worry about anyone seeing any scars or whatever out of place.