chapter 39

Tobias POV

"You're going tonight aren't you?" Cara's voice rang through my door as I opened it chucking my keys on my bed.

"What?"

Her lips tightened, "You are going to Tris's welcome home party tonight, aren't you." She acted sarcastically enthused and glared at me.

"Zeke, Uriah, Chris, Will, we are all going. You can come too you know." I unbutton my dress shirt peeling it from my skin.

"I don't want you to go." Her tone jammed with command rather than questioning.

"Cara she lives here again. I'm bound to run into her at some point."

She stood up and walked between me and my dresser, blocking me from grabbing my cloths. "Do you still love her?"

"Cara. Stop."

Her hands pressed against my bare chest. "It's a yes or a no Four."

"I. Don't. Know." With that I moved my hands under the inside of her arms and lifted her out of my way like a child. I grabbed a pair of dark jeans and a black Tap Out shirt.

"Give me a few and I will be ready to go with you." She said opening her bag pulling out a small case of makeup.

I stopped at the closed bathroom door. I looked back to her, but not at her and nodded. Truth is I didn't want her there. I didn't want anyone there. I just wanted to be there, alone with Tris. I haven't even seen her yet and I want to get to know her all over again. Inside and out.

I start the shower feeling the steam smother me. I look through the mirror at myself. My hair is shorter then it use to be, my muscles are larger, skin is tanner and I have probably grown another inch. I turn and stare at the scars on my back that now lay behind the mask of Eric's tattooed artwork. My body blurs and the mirror becomes fogged over as I step away into the scalding shower.

I lean against the cold tile of the shower's wall, watching the last of the suds swirl down the drain. The water hits my feet gradually getting colder and colder. I close my eyes see her standing in front of me in that tiny black dress with the jammed up zipper. The feel of her smooth skin beneath my hands as I covered her body with mine in the waterfall of the shower head. The way her eyes looked up through her lashes at me when she took me into her mouth.

My body convulsed and my release shot to the floor of the shower being washed away by the beaded drops. "Fuck." I said in frustration as I bounced my head back against the wall.

----------------------------------------------

I meet Zeke a few blocks from Chris and Will's house so our cars wouldn't be seen and ruin the surprise. Cara hooked her arm around mine as we made our way down the sidewalk.

"Uriah already there?"

"Yeah. Him, Marlene, Shauna, Gabe, hell everyone. People I don't even know are there." As we got closer the silence was beyond awkward. "Soooo. Uriah set up a pong table."

"Yeah?"

He looked at me with a huge grin and shock his head up and down. "Ohhhh yeahhh."

We reached the backdoor and Cara finally detached her leech like hold on my arm as she went to socialize.

"Man." Zeke laughed a laugh that could only be described as a 'you are so fucked' laugh. "What are you going to do?"

"I don't..." The front door creaked open and all at once everyone yelled "WELCOME HOME!" Everything went silent. Everything went still. And all I saw was her eyes connecting right into the very depth of my soul. She was even more beautiful then I remembered. She wore a pare of short jean shorts and a white tank top showing off many sections of toned inked skin. Her hair hung down past her perky breasts and I imagined tearing through the crowd taking her away and tasting those beautiful nipples.