ch 8

(Tris pov)

Caleb is just getting back with dinner. Our parents decided to take some political business trip for a few days and neither of us feel like cooking so we agreed on pizza. I hear the front door open and the cool air carries the smell of crust, cheese, and mushrooms in. One good thing about Caleb is we like pretty much all the same foods.

I grab three pieces and start up the stairs.

"Fine Beatrice didn't want to eat with you anyway."

"I'm going to start on some homework." Lie. I don't have any, but I am just now remembering to go grab my phone.

"Okay Beatrice whatever you say." He knows me too well.

I close my door behind me and plop down on my bed turning my tv on to watch some Channing Tatum marathon going on. So far home life is one hundred times better then school life. I hear my phone go off and reach under my pillow. Three missed calls. Six missed texts.

Mom-missed call. I will call her back later.
Christina-two missed calls and three missed texts, two of which were from this morning and another that just came in.

You talk to Eric yet? - Chris

No not yet about to text him. - Tris

OKAY TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT! OH AND I AM GOING TO SNEAK OVER TO WILL'S TONIGHT SO TRY NOT TO CALL! ;) - Chris

Got it! - Tris

I can only assume the other three missed texts are from Eric. No. One from Uriah and two from Eric. Well Eric can wait a bit longer. I open Uriah's message.

Hey Tris Zeke asked about you today. I guess Four asked Zeke to ask about you. -Uriah

I sat there rereading the message. Why was he asking about me?

Why was he asking about me? -Tris

Idk, but Four doesn't just ask about someone Tris so either you are on his good side or his bad side. -Uriah

Okay...what did you say to Zeke? -Tris

Nothing really. Said you were cool. and as far as I know single. -Uriah

Why would you say that? -Tris

Bc guys dont just ask about a girl Tris jeesh lol
plus Zeke mumbled something about seeing you with Eric and I said that I am pretty sure you are single. -Uriah

Oh. okay thanks hun. -Tris

Next time text me before you talk to them though please. -Tris

I did! BUT SOMEONE FORGETS TO CHECK HER PHONE LOL -Uriah

I laugh and send lol.

Now on to Eric's text messages. Why did I have to choose to have a romantic summer relationship with someone older from my school. "UGH!" I say out loud. I hit open.

Again as I get further into the story line the chapters will get longer. Got some feedback from friends saying longer chapters please :) I would combine some chapters together, but I like seeing my learning/growing process.