ch 1

The sound strikes my slumber. The continuous ringing of my alarm clock echos throughout my room bouncing from wall to wall and then all at once to my temples. I fling the grey comforter off of me and stare at my bare ceiling as the rays of orange and yellow from the sun stretch to my door from my window beckoning me to get up. Sitting up I place my feet on the floor and rub the soft plush carpet making my toes squeeze the fibers.

My door swings open and Caleb walks through the door and strides across my room slamming his palm on the off button to my alarm clock. "Really Beatrice it is our first day of school and you are still in bed."

"I was just getting up Caleb. Relax a little." I stand up and wave my arm for him to walk out my door so I can get dressed. I wait until the door latches shut and I can see my reflection in the mirror set up on the back of my door. There I stand not super curvy or super model pretty. I am just plain jane Beatrice. I shrug at myself and toss off my night shirt and grab the clothes I set out last night.

I put my hair up in a loose ponytail and brush off the stray hairs on my dark grey shirt that fits a bit loose around the top of my boot cut jeans. I grab my eye liner and draw a quick line on the bottom of both my eyes and throw it back on my bed. I look at myself again. Shake my head at my average appearance and grab the door knob.

Caleb honks at me until I open the passenger door to his pathetic little smart car he loves so much. He got it for his sixteenth birthday and I laughed out loud for a good twenty minutes until he punched me in the arm. For my sixteenth birthday all I asked for was a trip to the tattoo parlor and my mother and father both looked at me wide eyed and simply said, "NO!". I didn't get it or a new car so Caleb is stuck with hauling me to school.

We hit three red lights on the way to school and I sarcastically say, "Really Caleb it is our first day of school and you hit every red light."

He scowls at me and politely in his own way tells me, "Stop Beatrice."

A black Audi pulls up beside us in the next lane and I couldn't help but notice the driver. The windows were tinted, but I could still make out his chiselled figure and as he glanced over at me I saw his honey bourbon brown eyes and maybe a smile spread across his face. The light turns green and he speeds off.

I know it started a little slow but introduction is necessary :) on to chapter 2 comment follow let me know what you think. As I get further into the story line the chapters will get longer. Got some feedback from friends saying longer chapters please :)