ch 22

Tobias POV

I fling the ball in the air and Zeke jumps up, "Oh yeah!! Man we are on fire!" He runs around the pong table and high-fives me then does his victory dance. I feel the beer starting to cloud my mind and I can't help but to start cracking up at everything he is doing. The other team starts to drink the rest of the beer as their punishment for losing when we all hear a loud clash.

"What was that?" I look at Zeke and feel the fear swarm around me. "Where's Tris?" Screaming starts to come from the kitchen and everyone crowds through the hall. "MOVE. MOVE!" I shout breaking through the wall of people. My eyes seem to be running slower then the rest of me and all I can see is blobs of silver and black. My eyes adjust and I can see Tris and Lauren entangled with fists flying. I stare in utter shock as Tris's small body twists and turns around Lauren's.

==========================

Tris POV

Lauren pounces on top of me and I buck her off causing her dress to tear exposing her red thong. I take control and climb on top of her letting my fist ball up and take flight towards her face. Her hand finds my hair and jerks my head back, but I keep my legs tight around her ribs feeling the bones jab at my inner thighs. I punch her again right in the nose feeling her nails clawing at my neck. Hot liquid starts to stream down and I see drops of blood splatter on her dress.

"MOVE. MOVE!" I hear Tobias's voice and I feel my body relax. Big mistake. She throws me off of her and I fall at Eric's shoes not bothering to take a second to look at him. She gets up and stalks towards me, but I kick her legs out from under her. Her head cracks against the floor and she roles on her side holding the back of her head. I get to my feet waiting for her to get up and once she is I lunge at her. Robust arms catch me by my waist and quickly wrap around me like a straight jacket. Lauren's mouth spreads into an evil grin as she sees her opportunity to come after me. Her fist connects with my cheek and black spreads over me for only a moment. Opening my eyes I see her held in the same stance as me by Tobias. She is struggling against him, but he holds her still just starring at me and...I look down at the cage of arms around me. I throw my head back and hit a thick chest. Eric is muscle on muscle making most guys look small in stature.

I look up at Eric who is glaring and smiling menacingly at Tobias. I feel his hands open and his fingers stroke my collarbone. Dipping his head down to my ear her whispers, "What do you think would happen if I kissed you right now baby?" Tobias's anger is filling the room and the tension is suffocating.

"Okay. Okay break it up everyone!" Zeke comes to the middle with his arms extended out between Tobias and Lauren, and Eric and me. 'Thank you Zeke' I say in my head. "We are going to have to call a quick end to this party tonight." There is groaning and whining coming from the crowd, but he starts shooing them out.

I try shaking loose from his grip when Lauren's high pitch reaches my ears. The crowd goes still as she yells across the room at me. "You can't have them both!"

I try to break free from Eric's hold, but it is like trying to break through a stone wall with a plastic spoon. "Eric let go of me." I say it low and aggravated.

"Okay baby. Just know I. Won't. Ever. Let. You. Go." his lips kiss my neck and I snap my body away from him, scolding at him from where I stand now.

I look at Lauren who is now free from Tobias's arms. I walk up to her and I feel the crowd stop breathing. "Lauren I don't want both of them. You can have him." I point back towards Eric. "I want nothing to do with him and I want nothing to do with you."

I push my way through the crowd not bothering to look at Tobias. The adrenaline in me is warring down and I just need a quiet place to think. To breathe.