ch4

Silver. Silver. Silver. Piercings here and there.

Eric.

I slap him on the chest. "Eric I am already late I can't completely miss homeroom okay?"

He grabs my arm and I don't pull away because I know he wouldn't back down until I submitted. I look up into his dark eyes and give him my annoyed look. "So you have time to talk to the QB over there, but not to me?"

I sigh, "What is it you want Eric?" I ignore his question, but I let my thoughts wonder to him saying I was talking to the quarterback. A quarterback that explains the rock like abs I felt as I clashed with him just two minutes ago.

"I want to know why you have been ignoring my calls and texts."

"You know why. And I do not need to explain myself anymore than that." I pull my arm away now and shift my notebooks. "I'm going to homeroom now."

"Wait..." He grabs my arm tighter and images flash through my memory and my whole body goes rigid.

I wait.

He moves in closer to me so he is almost pressed against me and I can feel his grip twist on my skin. "Please just let me explain... you never gave me that chance."

I look down at my feet and yank my arm back creating fire and hot anger through me. "Just text me tonight." I walk away leaving the conversation at that and feeling the pulsing pain in my forearm. I look back and he still stands there. The quarterback. Looking down the hall towards me.

 Did he see the whole thing?

-------------------------------------------------------------

After answering all of Christina's questions about where I had been and why I was late for homeroom the bell rings and it is time for second period where I find myself sitting next to Uriah in Mr. Amar's history class. Uriah cracks jokes at me and I remember just how funny he really is.

"Oh did you hear about the cake and the raven..."

"Uriah! Do I need to move you already?" Mr. Amar says and I start giggling as the door opens and a kid walks in that I haven't seen before. He hands Mr. Amar a note and he looks up and tells the kid to take a seat in the back.

He walks past my desk and I feel like the air gets five degrees colder.

The class ends and before I can get out of my seat a pair of hands slam down on my desk. I let my eyes glide up to see that the new kid is starring down at me. "Um...hi?" I say with a questioning tone.

"Hey Tris. I'm Peter." How did he know my name? He reaches in to his pocket and hands me a folded up piece of paper. "Here." He shoves the paper at me and leaves.

Uriah looks at me with raised eyebrows. I shrug and we get up and walk out of class together meeting up with Christina, Will, Lynn, and Marlene. I shove the paper Peter gave me into my pocket and try to let this crazy start to my day fade away.