ch 18

Tris POV

I find myself throwing all my clothes out of my dresser drawers trying to look for something to wear. "MOM!" I hear her footsteps coming quick and heavy up the stairs. The door swings open and my mom looks at my frantically.

"What's wrong Beatrice." She is out of breath now and I can't help but smile.

"Should I wear this black shirt or this grey one?" I hold up both taking turns placing them in front of me.

"Really you scream for me for this. You could have gave me a heart attack." She smiles at me and points to my red V-neck thrown down at my feet. "That one. Puts some color in your wardrobe rather then just black or grey."

"Thanks mom. I love you."

"I love you too sweetie. But hurry they should be here in fifteen."

I grab my nicest jeans and the red shirt throwing off my sweats I have been lounging in all day. I have literally sat in my room for hours watching movie after movie to pass the time. I had been texting Al, Uriah, Chris, and Tobias  a lot today trying to catch up on all of their gossip. Uriah had a lot of things to say especially since Zeke got the front seat to Tobias's action yesterday. Al and I both agreed on hanging out after school on Wednesday rather then getting breakfast and Chris is still trying to get me to go to another Pit party this weekend. My phone goes off as I am pulling my hair out of the neck line of my shirt.

Hey we are leaving now. -Four

Okay I'll see you soon. -Tris

Tobias and I haven't discussed anything about Eric, but I think we are both saving our explanation for later tonight. I hope my mom and dad will be okay with us going on a walk. I didn't think that one through. I haven't been doing that a lot lately. I walk over to my dresser grabbing my brush. I quickly brush through my thick locks and throw it up in a pony tail. Grabbing my concealer I try to apply it and hide the discoloration of my cheek bone and eye, but I can't. It is too new and too noticeable either way.

"Beatrice come help your brother set the table please." My father's voice bellows through the walls.

I stare for only a few seconds longer at myself in the mirror. "I don't see it." I say it to my reflection. Confused on what Eric sees and what Tobias sees.

-----------------------------------------

The knock on the door makes me jump to my feet to grab the door knob, but my father beats me to it. He looks back at me puzzled and I straighten myself up as Caleb and my mother come to stand between us. My father opens the door.

"Marcus."

"Andrew. Thank you for having us this evening." He walks in the door and I hear Tobias's steps coming through. "I do apologize for my son's appearance. He had a mishap at school yesterday." Tobias walks in hiding by the shadows of his father and I see his hand extend to my father's.

"Nice to meet you again."

"Oh I see the mishap you are talking about Marcus. Well I just hope the other guy looks worse then you." He nudges Marcus's arm letting him know he is joking and everyone smiles. Marcus shakes my mother's hand telling her hello and then Tobias does.

"Well Tobias you have grown into a fine young man haven't you."

"Thank you Mrs. Prior."

Marcus gets to me and reaches out his hand for introduction. I take it and feel the ice cold of his veins. "Well looks like Beatrice had an encounter too."

My mother quickly explains. "Oh yes that would be the an encounter with a very fast volleyball in gym yesterday."

"What a coincidence." He says turning back to to my father's direction.