ch 13

• Dedicated to CrazyChick300

Tris POV

"I'm not going to let that happen." His words keep echoing in my head. Why does he want to protect me? Why does he feel the need to? The silence is almost unbearable between us in his car. After I told him about Eric we decided we needed to get back to school. Gym was going to start soon and we both knew Lauren and Eric would be suspicious. Neither one of us wanted to deal with that.

The car comes to a stop and Four gets out and opens my door before I have a chance to. His expression is solid, but his eyes look at me with warmth. "Thanks." He nods at me and I begin to walk away when I feel his hand catch my wrist. It was gentle the way he held it, like he thought my arm would break if he held on to tight.

"Tris don't be with him." He said it so calm, yet so full of worry.

I didn't know what to say so I slowly took my arm away and then wrapped them around his waist burying my face into his impeccable chest. I feel his body surprised and for a moment, only a moment he is like a statue. Then he pulls me closer and we stay there. It wasn't sexual just embracing, comfortable. The wind has slowed since we left and came back. With my ear hearing his heartbeat and the other listening to the birds sing, all my fears go away.

We pull a part and I smile at him. "I'll see you later?"

"Yeah..Maybe we can hangout again without skipping class."

His smile makes my heart stand still. "I'd like that." Walking away I feel my smile die down. I don't know what 'this' is or what 'this' could be, but I do know he has a girlfriend. I won't be Nita in that situation.

There is about five minutes before gym starts so I head towards my locker to grab my phone. God knows Chris has probably been texting it like crazy. The halls are quiet except the tapping of someone's foot. Peter stands against my locker, back pressed with one leg folded up with his foot flat against it. I slow my pace and I see him starring at me with a menacing smile.

"Well look who decided to come back to school." He shakes his head at me.

"What do you want?"

"Oh nothing thought I'd just wait here and see where you ventured off to. By the look of that PDA back there I'd say I know exactly where you were."

I hear my heart pounding in my ears and anger hits me hard. "Eric is having you watch me."

"Oh don't look so down. He is just worried about you that is all." He gets up from my locker and leans down to me. "Should I tell him what I saw?" He chuckles in my ear sending chills down my spine.

"You can tell him to fuck himself."

"Oh! Tris I didn't know you were such a bad girl. Maybe I will keep your little secret." He traces from my shoulder to my elbow with the back of his hand. "If you promise to skip school with me one day."

 I feel my body turn hard and my anger rise. "How about you get away from me and tell him whatever you want." I push him out of the way as the bell rings.

-------------------------------------------

Chris runs up to me as I walk into gym class, "Where have you been all day?!"

I did not think this through of what I was going to say so in a hushed tone I told her the truth. "I went to Four's house."

She stares at me with shock written all over her, "THE FOUR." She points to him and I knock her hand down.

"Shhh. Yes."

Her smile grows from ear to ear and she reminds me of the Cheshire cat. "What did you two do." She says it as she makes a kissy face.