FINALE

Tris POV

Can I come visit you?-Tris

When-Caleb

Well when are you free?-Tris

I don't know Beatrice...with my schedule as CEO right now, probably not for awhile.-Caleb

Caleb it will only be a few minutes. I need to talk to you.-Tris

About what?-Caleb

Caleb please!-Tris

Fine. My office closes at 5. Be here quarter before.-Caleb

Okay. See you then.-Tris

I set my phone down on the end table starring at my place on the couch. So many times I would sit here with my mother and fall asleep cuddled next to her listening to her soft laughter of whatever it is we watched. I missed those days of simplicity.

I heard his feet meet the hardwood floor of the foyer, "Babe you have a letter here." He held up a fold sheet of paper meeting me at the coich. "It was on the kitchen table."

I looked down at it recognizing Levi's organized script. I looked up at Tobias, "Did you read this?"

"Uhh..kinda."

I glare at, "Just couldn't help yourself could you?"

"Not even a little bit." He sweeps his arm around my waist and pulls me in. He tongue slides through and I taste the sweet hint of lemonade. He broke the kiss and I gave am exaggerated sigh. His chuckle caressed me as I unfolded the letter.

Tris,

I find it relieving that one of us can say that living in a limbo of feelings that we have packed with ice; or rather the numbing substitute of another, is finally over. You once asked me if I go a day without thinking about Karson. I do, but my nights haunt me with images of her. You see its been years since I lost her, but I have yet to say goodbye. Being with you these final days have showed me that you can't say goodbye to someone who isn't actually gone from your world nor your heart. I get that. I saw it between you and Four. I've also realized I can always let myself keep Karson, but I can't let her keep me. I have to take that step if I ever want to find a passion like that of you and Four. So here it is, thank you sweetheart. Thank you for a these last two years and more then that thank you for showing me that running, hiding, ignoring...it doesn't work . It only delays. I'll be seeing you.

Always,

Levi

I smiled at his words knowing that somehow and in someway I helped him. I helped him the moment I agreed to get a coffee with him. And he, he helped me see that I'm not the only one who lives with loss, who fears closeness. I just took the leap and he will hopefully do that with someone because he has seen it is possible.

"Thank you too Levi." I say it to the letter folding it back up and placing it by my phone.

His lips slid over my earlobe. "You know it isn't fair that I can't hate the guy." I laughed at his honesty.

"He is a good man."

"Yeah I know." He sighed.

I turn around seeing him leaning over into me from behind the couch. "Tobias." I kissed the corner of his mouth softly. "You are a good man too and..."

"And?"

"You are my man."

He bit his bottom lip and I grabbed a hold of this neck pulling him over the back of the couch and on top of me. His body swallowed mine, but the feel of him over me, on me, it was perfect.