09: IT IS KIND OF DIABOLICAL

"Should I sing in the morrow, or should I hum in the funeral?"

...

Do you know how sometimes when you're drifting off to sleep, you feel that jolt like you were falling and caught yourself at the last second? It's nothing to be concerned about, it's usually just the ghost adjusting its grip.

...

Saturday, 15th January 2022
Seven Post Meridiem

Her befuddled eyes glossed over the enthralling sight blessing her eyes, maybe cursing her iris in a way to forever taint her soul.
Ahyun stood in a daze as she vouched each part of the nightmare unfolds its wings, spreading it wide to roof her head. It was like acid, burning, blemishing, scarring her tenses.

She wanted to fall, to wake up, for her all this was a hallucination. The ground was so far below her; she could barely make it out through the grey mists that whirled around her, but she could feel how fast she was falling, and she knew what was waiting for her down there.

Even in dreams, you could not fall forever. She would wake up in the instant before she hit the ground, she knew. You always woke in the instant before you hit the ground.

Yet, she stood there, accepting what all he said, what all she heard.

The sauntering arms wrapped like a corset around her torso, her head betwixt his chest sniffling and sobbing enormous 'Love you's' and 'Sorries'. It was an ominous dogma, a halo surrounding the pair who looked forlorn, too lost.

"I-I am sorry... I love you so much!"

"Rei... It is okay... Ssh..."

And the man kept hushing her softly as his arms pulled her up for her head to rest into the crook of his neck. She sniffed and shifted herself onto him, her eyes fluttering shut at the much-needed warmth.

And Seojin lulled her some more until she was again asleep.

Ahyun stood there like a statue, seeing everything lose its grip on her.

But for a voyage into reality, her eyes only captured objects that she could already see in her mind. And the mind could only see things that were already written in the heart.

She sheltered her colours in the dark, where others were blind to see. For the first time, she asked herself if she has some good reason for wanting to go on living. She could find no reply, replies do not always come when required, and it often happens that the only possible reply is to wait for them.

Her trembling steps retreated in the slow arrhythmic symphony. The sight was invariably true, yet she couldn't dare to look away. Taking her steps back timidly, she attempted to flee from whatever she had seen.

Why did she even go out?
Why did she meet him?
Why did she trust him?

But whatever he said turned true. Seojin was with another woman, touching her, comforting her, loving her.

The greatest darkness imaginable is found when we've chosen to walk in 'some kind' of light that's 'some kind' of something else other than light. And for her, she didn't put her head into the words said in retaliation, she let her eyes decide.
It took her a few more steps until her body dimmed, her head spun, and she fell onto the ground, and the man unaware of her presence all the way busy treating Reiko startled at the fall turned back.

Their eyes met in rage and dejection.

"Ahyun..."

15th January 2022