27: EXPERIMENT ONE- GOT THE ALMS

"A few troubles declared, true, upon us."

...

As the final semester of college began, a sense of chaos descended upon the classroom. The professor, renowned for his unorthodox teaching methods, was known to embrace chaos and encourage students to think outside the box.

"Einstein considered this to be a natural consequence of special relativity, not a paradox as some suggested, and in 1911, he restated and elaborated on this result. If we placed a living organism in a box, one could arrange that the organism, after any arbitrary lengthy flight, could be returned to its original spot in a scarcely altered condition, while corresponding organisms which had remained in their original positions had already long since given way to new generations. For the moving organism, the lengthy time of the journey was a mere instant, provided the motion took place with approximately the speed of light."
The rimmed glasses sat its but atop the crown of his nose that crunched involuntarily yet causing a significant sigh to run down a handful of women in the room.

Sejin was blindly charming, smooth pinkish puckered lips, raven tresses warily discarded over the back of his head, witty and a gold-medallist. Some even called him a heartless, arrogant professor.
Reasons? He hated the unnecessary fandom.

"Scientist Resnick too had supported the whole cause- if the stationary organism is a man and the traveling one is his twin, then the traveller returns home to find his twin brother much aged compared to himself. The paradox centres on the contention that, in relativity, either twin could regard the other as the traveller, in which case each should find the other younger—a logical contradiction. This contention assumes that the twins' situations are symmetrical and interchangeable, an assump- ah, Miss Wilkins, mind sharing what you have been sharing with your beloved friend, mmh, Jenna."

Oh, just another piece of advisory: If you are in one of Professor Kim's classes, die but do not disturb him.

He continued to stare with his body bent, supporting in on the table, "Tell us."

"Sir, I-"

"We do not have the whole class Miss. Wilkins. Tell us..."

He was one scary professor specially in the background of his tattered science classes. Not his fault that he was faultless yet people were scared. Jenna visibly stuttered, they knew pretty well a clean suspension was awaiting her, and Kate Wilkins might be able to save her own ass.

"Sir, we ac-ctu-"

"Sir," she looked up straight, "I was merely sharing a thought," Kate said boldly.

Sejin arched an eyebrow, a mischievous grin playing at the base of his throat. "And what was this thought, Miss Wilkins?"

"It was about a paradox," Kate replied, her voice gaining strength. "The one where if you had a twin, you would still look better and much more handsome."

Sejin couldn't help but chuckle, a deep rumble escaping from his throat. It was one of those terrible chuckles he had kept up his sleeves all these days. "Oh, really?" he said, amusement dancing in his eyes. "Was it more interesting than the class? Or perhaps more interesting than getting a degree?"

Without missing a beat, Sejin sat down in his chair and began scribbling something hastily on a piece of paper. The room fell into a hushed silence, with Kate and Jenna exchanging worried glances.

"Sir, you cannot do that to us!" And Kate had guessed just the right thing.

Sejin looked up, a twinkle of amusement in his eyes, "Oh, it's just you and not your friend," he said, his voice dripping with mock sympathy. "She apologized without fault, but you..." He trailed off, leaving the weight of his words hanging in the air.