20: A LONG TIME

"Say goodbye
to forever die
a

moment, a minute

a cross on the table, a silver smile,
a burial shroud on the table, a golden body.
Put to rest, in space and time..."

...

There was nothing at first. Inherently nothing. Then a little spark plummeted at the edge of two monstrous meteoroids; The universe began to take shape after that. Then there were the people. And the sensation. The hatred. Then there was her. She had no idea who she was or why she was at the moment. she wasn't sure whether she was either. But gradually, everything became evident. It would be too readily stated.

As they fled, she gazed at them. She was intrigued by their motions and observed them intently. She had no idea. Her only method of analysis was them. Their skin was pallid. Because it was because it was white, or perhaps her light, they were not yet accustomed to seeing. There was no way she could have known. She couldn't compare the brightness of things to how they were typically since she didn't know how bright they were. As a result, her eyes squinted, as they do when exposed to too much light.
They came to a halt after they were beyond her immediate reach and realised she was not pursuing them.

They then turned around. They were males, but she had no idea what sort they were, whether they were powerful or weak, because she had perhaps never seen them before and had no context.

Instead, she focused her attention on herself. She was aware that she existed. But she had no idea how. She gazed up at them, at the blue lines on their palms and fingers against the white hollowness of the flesh. She also considered where her hands would be if she had any.

They were, indeed, present. They were, nevertheless, distinct. They were more callous, more lethal. Nothing could be done with all those flimsy, white and blue palms of the men. Her hands were completely black and gleamed as if they were wet, although they were not. The fingers were not curved like the men's, but each had an onyx stinger protruding from it, giving the appendage a jagged appearance. She didn't check the undercarriage of the fingers at that time to determine if they were curved or not.

She sought to wiggle her fingers, and she got her wish. She moved her tusked digits forth and down, then dug into the earth with them because she didn't like how those ugly men were gazing at her. The men were merely puzzled. But then one of them said something:

"IT IS THE CURSE!"

...

The night had woven a tapestry of melancholy, its dark hues painted the sky with an eerie sadness that seemed almost tangible. Beneath the crooked roof of their humble abode, remnants of the nocturnal symphony still lingered, swirling like faint whispers of secrets untold.

Jonghin and Dani were still awake, not even the harrowing tiredness could push them to some rest. They tried not to think, to not let their minds wander off, but the moment their eyes met, a ripple of trepidation washed over them.
Those piercing orbs held a depth of sorrow and desperation, foreshadowing an impending storm that would rattle the very foundation of their existence. The anguished whispers of the night whispered of something far greater and more monstrous than they had ever encountered.

Jin slumbered peacefully, unaware of the ominous aura that had befallen their lives since the night.

But Sejin sat locked away in a desolate room, trapped between the realms of reality and the supernatural. The exorcist's assurances did little to quell the unease that pervaded the air, for there was a foreboding presence, dripping with malevolence, spreading like a shiver across the miles.