23: NICOTINE ADVANCES

"Time is precious,
as reality slips away...
Sometimes faded by the night; why?"

...

The sound of the doorbell could be heard throughout the house, in every room, nook, and cranny. In fact, it was so loud, it could even be heard in a few places outside the house. That proved to be a useful attribute, as its hollow "ding, dong, ding" reached Ahyun's ears even as she was working with a grinder.

The instant she heard the first "ding," she jerked her head towards the screen door, looking through it and down the hall to the front door. The bronze-coloured grip was enclosed in a mahogany hold. Next to it was a tall, thin window, through which anyone inside the house could see anyone who might be standing on the front stoop. Sure enough, she could see Jin.

She dropped her things as a smile slid across her face. She'd been awaiting this moment all week. She speed-walked into the house, straight down the hallway and to the door. She waved and smiled at her boyfriend outside, who smiled and repositioned herself to stand upright.

"Welcome to my humble abode," she said in a fake deep voice. They both chuckled slightly as Jin in the blue entered the hallway leaving a peck across her lips. "I was afraid you might not make it."

"Yeah, the bakery kept me a little longer, but I won't miss this for anything, Hyunie," he muttered, pulling her close as he claimed her lips again in the sweetest kiss. His arms curled around her waist softly as he tasted those pink plumps that made her tummy turn into a pudgy puddle.

He tasted like the melting caramel of butterscotch, oozing, muffling, blending against the creamy butter aftermath of her senses.

Drowning in ecstasy, oxygen became the devil and the duo parted in lingering need. His fingers played across her face, caressing her soft skin as the lady hummed softly submitting to the warmth.

"Let's finish the movie; we have the whole night."
The deal seemed fair enough as Ahyun quickly stole off a peck before running into the kitchen, followed by her blushing boyfriend.

As they settled on the couch, the movie flickered to life. Ahyun nestled into his embrace, cherishing the comfort of his arms around her. The screen illuminated their faces, casting a soft glow of anticipation. With every passing moment, they found themselves ebbing away into the story, entangled in its world.

Ahyun leaned her head on his shoulder, the touch sending shivers down her spine. The film reached its climax, and so did their bond. With each passing scene, their hearts beat in synchrony, becoming one with the story unfolding before them. But as the credits rolled, reality crept back into their consciousness. They exchanged a knowing glance, an unspoken agreement passing between them.

This night was theirs, to savour every moment, to create memories that would last a lifetime. The movie's tale may have ended, but theirs had only just begun. Jin led his girlfriend by the hand, pulling her onto him. The anticipation hung in the air like a delicate veil, shrouding them in a cocoon of desire.

"Dinner?" Ahyun whispered, her lips on his.

"We have the whole night for that..."

The night unfolded like a masterpiece, written only for them. With whispered words and languid movements, they painted a canvas of love. In their embrace, they found solace, a sanctuary away from the chaos of the world.

__

The lighter flared once in the darkness, followed by a spurt of hushed Korean. It flared again, caught, and lit the cigarette held by the barely discernible silhouette in the doorway.