11

Diana walks into the Great Hall for lunch after a remarkably successful transfiguration lesson. Diana adored Professor McGonagall who held a special place for the girl in her heart as the older she got; the more Minerva McGonagall saw Pandora Lovegood.

Diana looks up to search for any of her friends but the sight in front of her stops her in her tracks and her jaw goes slack in shock.

The Ravenclaw students all had varying shades of hair colours ranging from lemon yellow to deep purple. But that wasn't what had shocked Diana most, all of their robes had large eagle wings attached to the back of them which would occasionally flutter causing the student they were attached to take flight before being unceremoniously dropped.

A large banner was hung across the top of the Ravenclaw table with glittery words written on them. Diana moves to the left to read the words emblazoned across the banner.

THIS IS WHAT BULLIES GET

A hand clamps on Diana's shoulder causing her to jump before she turns to face one of the two Weasley Twins.

"We saw you needed cheering up,"

"So, we thought why not?"

Diana watches as Yasmin Jones, one of the particularly cruel girls from her house, flies up six feet in the air before falling back to the bench with her lime green hair flying around as she descends.

The laugh that falls from Diana's lips was impossible for the witch to contain. The blonde finds herself leaning onto one of the twins for support as she laughs, the other arm clutching her stomach as it begins to cramp.

"Thank you," Diana manages to gasp out between laughs.

"Laughter is the best thanks we receive," Fred says.

"Although we do take cash donations,"

"Or cheques,"

"Or anything we can make money from really,"

Harry watches from the end of the Gryffindor table as the sound of Diana's melodious laughter fills his ears.

Diana makes eye contact with Harry and this time offers him a wide smile and he could have sworn the candles shone a little bit brighter at that moment. Ron watches as his best friend's eyes glaze over and he shakes his head.

"You've got it bad," Ron says, slapping his friend on the back causing the pumpkin juice that was in Harry's mouth to spray across the table, landing in Neville's lap.

Diana's laughter fills the air once again but this time it was due to Harry's slight mishap.

But the boy didn't care, his heart swelled as the knowledge that he was responsible for the beautiful sound filling the hall.

"Harry!" Neville exclaims, trying to wipe away the juice with a napkin.

"Ron slapped my back!"

"Ron!"

"Bloody hell," The redhead grumbles. "How was I supposed to know?"

"What in Merlin's fuckery is this?" Draco's voice sounds from behind her.

Her four best friends take in the sight in front of them before they begin laughing loudly and before Diana knew it, the entirety of the student population minus the Ravenclaws were howling in laughter.

"You happier now Miss Diana?" Fred asks.

"Like a baby bird that learned how to fly,"

Once the laughter had died down, a figure soars past the small group collecting in the doorway.

Peeves soars past the small, huddled group and begins to throw balloons full of water over the Ravenclaws.

"You leave my Ditzy alone!" The poltergeist shouts as the Ravenclaws scream, lifting their robes to protect themselves from the havoc-wreaking poltergeist.

A smile falls on Diana's lips at the poltergeist's actions, not having any idea that he appreciated their friendship so much.

Once he was out of ammunition, Peeves drifts over to Diana who gives him a big grin.

"Next time, it will be paint," Peeves says with a mischievous grin.

"WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON?!"

The group turn to see Professor McGonagall striding into the hall to see the havoc that had ensued.

"ALBUS!"

The laughing headmaster turns to face his colleague and he sighs, almost disappointed, before waving his hand and everything was back to some semblance of normal. Except for the occasional Ravenclaw coughing up a feather or jumping a few inches from their seat.

"ARE THEY GOING TO BE PUNISHED?" Terry Boot shouts.

"Unfortunately," Dumbledore says. "It would be impossible for me to find the culprit as Miss Lovegood has herself a great many friends at this school and I think you and your peers will do well to remember it"

 "It would be impossible for me to find the culprit as Miss Lovegood has herself a great many friends at this school and I think you and your peers will do well to remember it"