20

Anxiety and a dark shadow of foreboding hadn't left Diana alone since the events of the other night. She hadn't left her dormitory since then, Luna having delivered her food for her.

She had received an owl the night before from Harry asking if she'd join him for breakfast the following morning and she hadn't had the heart to turn his offer down so that's how she found herself frozen in the entryway of the Great Hall next to the Boy who Lived.

The large oak doors that lead to the Great Hall had never been so intimidating to Diana and she finds herself halting in her tracks.

Harry turns to see Diana staring at the doors with wide eyes, her face had lost the tiny bit of colour it had.

"It'll be okay Di," Harry says. "Here"

Harry holds out his hand and Diana looks at it before slipping her gloved hand into Harry's, clutching it tightly as if it was her lifeline.

The pair step forward and push open the large doors and all heads turn in their direction as a hush falls over the Great Hall.

The atmosphere was tense and the room so silent that Diana swore she could hear her heart beating out of her chest. The blonde takes a step back, hiding herself behind Harry who had his lips in a firm line.

"Harry I can't do this," Diana whispers, clutching the back of his robes tightly.

Diana pulls back and heads straight towards the door and a shout causes her to stop in her tracks.

"Go on, no one will miss you, freak!"

Diana takes a sharp inhale, the words stabbing deeper than any blade ever could. Diana turns to see Yasmin, her tormentor, standing with a satisfied smirk painted on her lips as Diana wraps her arms around herself.

All eyes were on Diana and she was praying to Merlin that the ground would open up and swallow her whole but no such blessing came.

"What did you just say?"

Diana's head lifts when she hears Pansy's voice which came out in the form of an angered growl, aimed at Yasmin.

"You heard me, Parkinson," Yasmin says. "She's a danger to us all. She should be locked away"

Diana looks at Pansy as a small tear slides down her cheek and the Parkinson girl saw red.

"I'll show you danger!" Pansy snaps, pulling her wand from her pocket.

"Pansy no!" Diana says and the girl's head snaps in Diana's direction. "It's okay"

"No it isn't!" Pansy shakes her head. "You can't help this and for this bitch to-"

"It's okay," Diana turns to Yasmin. "I don't expect you to understand, your brain is just too underdeveloped to process something this complex"

Hushed laughter fills the hall as Yasmin's face turns a deep shade of red. Diana allows the corner of her lip to twitch into a smirk which enrages her tormentor.

The hall is filled with the sound of gasps as Yasmin points her wand at Diana who takes a step forward.

"I don't expect people to understand this," Diana says. "But I've realised, I don't care what people think because I can use my powers how I want. For making something beautiful or as a weapon if needed but that is my choice and mine alone"

A loud clap fills the hall and Diana turns to see Fred Weasley on his feet, clapping his hands. His twin quickly follows suit, whistling loudly.

It was as if a domino effect had taken over the hall, students rising to their feet as they clap their hands together.

"I told you it would be fine," Harry whispers and Diana smiles.