24

Diana's eyes widen when the Daily Prophet drops in front of her. Harry's picture was emblazoned across the front joined with an article by Rita Skeeter. It was full of apparent quotes from Harry but Diana's jaw slacks even further as her name pops up in the article.

'I suppose I get my strength from my parents. I know they'd be very proud of me if they could seeme now' 'Yes, sometimes at night I still cry about them, I'm not ashamed to admit it. . . . I know nothing will hurt me during the tournament, because they're watching over me'

Harry has at last found love at Hogwarts. His close friend, Colin Creevey, says that Harry is rarely seen out of the company of one Diana Lovegood, a stunningly pretty ice spirit who, like Harry, is one of the top students in the school.

Diana's eyes almost bulge out of her head when a picture of her kissing Harry in the snow filled classroom is emblazoned on the paper with the caption 'Diana Lovegood; confirmed ice spirit'. Diana grips the paper tightly as the offending object begins to freeze over.

"Di?"

Diana turns at Pansy's voice and she is met with four pairs of concerned eyes. Diana grips the paper tighter before jumping back when it explodes into icy shards in her hands.

"You alright?"

"Yeah," Diana nods, as she speaks her voice begins to rise to a worried pitch. "I'm completely fine, Rita Skeeter has just broadcasted my identity and abilities to the entirety of the wizarding world. Why wouldn't I be fine? I'm completely, absolutely fine!"

Pansy yelps in shock as the goblets along the table explode, sending icy shards spraying up into the air. Diana's eyes were wide as she looks down the table.

"Sorry," Diana raises an apologetic hand, turning her head down.

"At least she got stunningly pretty right," Pansy comments, her eyes scanning one of the articles. "Maybe a bit too low of a compliment, I'd have gone with gorgeously, mind-blowingly beautiful but that's just me"

"So ready to go to Hogsmeade?" Draco asks.

The wind was biting, the four Slytherins were wrapped up in scarves, gloves and hats. Diana, however, was in a pale blue sundress with a blue denim jacket and a pair of white trainers. She was happily skipping down the street, not a care in the world as her friends shiver in a small huddle.

Diana skips into Tomes and Scrolls, rushing to the ladder before climbing up to the new muggle section. Her eyes scan the titles and her face lights up before she grabs Alice in Wonderland from the shelf. The witch hops down the ladder before she walks over to the cashier, fishing in her purse for the correct amount of change.

"Diana, didn't you have that book already?"

"Yasmin destroyed it," Diana replies to Pansy's question, her tone lacked any tone of care as her friends frown at each other.

"And you didn't tell us?"

"I didn't think it was important," Diana hums. "It's only a book"

"But you loved that book," Draco says, taking the book from Diana and handing the sum to the cashier.

"It's okay," Diana smiles, pressing a kiss to Draco's cheek. "Thank you though"

Diana slides her book into her bag as the group exits the small bookstore.

"Diana!"

Diana spins to see Harry walking toward her at a fast pace. She turns to her friends who had wide grins on their faces as they make shooing motions with their hands. Harry grabs her hand and begins pulling Diana away at a fast pace. Diana frowns in confusion as Harry had a very purposeful stride.

"Harry, what's going on?"

"Rita Skeeter has been following me around," Harry says. "And I think she's been following you too"

"So where are we going?" Diana asks.

"Into the forest," Harry says. "Hagrid showed me something and I want to show you"

Harry takes Diana's hand into his own as they head to the outskirts of a small clearing in the forest. Diana gasps quietly when she notices the four large cages and the creatures that occupy them. Fire was billowing from their fanged mouths as wizards dive out of the path of the fire.

Diana's eyes move to the first dragon, a sleek, silvery blue with long pointed horns. Then her eyes move to a smooth, green dragon which had twisted horns. A large red one with fine golden spikes around its face. But the final one looked the most lizard-like out of the others, with a giant spiked ball on the end of its tail and the fire looked almost white with how hot it was.

"They're the first task," Harry says and Diana's eyes almost bulge out of her head.

"Oh my Merlin," Diana whispers. "I only kissed you a handful of times"

 "I only kissed you a handful of times"