13

The breeze blows through Diana's hair as she leans against the railing of the Astronomy Tower, her legs dangling over the edge occasionally swinging back and forth.

She was watching as the students went merrily about their day, studying in the grass before autumn fully set in or throwing food to the Giant Squid who would wave one of his tentacles in thanks which would allow the students to tickle it.

The landscape was so serene that Diana almost felt annoyed by it as if it were mocking her. While she was feeling a swirl of negative emotions, the weather was beautiful with the sun beating down on them all.

The witch folds up her robe and places it on the railing before resting her chin on it, using the material as a makeshift pillow.

"Diana?"

The voice of Harry Potter fills her ears as her eyes remain on the horizon. She feels him sit down next to her, dangling his legs over the edge next to hers.

"You doing okay?"

"Of course," Diana says softly and she could feel Harry's disbelieving eyes boring into the side of her head.

"You're a terrible liar," Harry says and Diana's lips twitch into a semblance of a smile.

"Being a good one isn't a quality to brag about," Diana says. "Lies eat away what is good and leave only destruction behind"

"So, you always tell the truth?"

"To everyone but myself," Diana says. "I just struggle with the truth of how I feel"

"Why?"

"Because accepting the truth of what you feel means you have to accept it," Diana says. "And it hurts sometimes"

"So does lying to yourself," Harry replies. "The truth always catches up with a person. Good or bad results don't matter"

Diana sighs and allows her head to rest on Harry's shoulder.

"Why hide up here?" Harry asks.

"My father always told me, no matter the time of day something you see will remind you of a loved one lost," Diana says. "So, I always search for anything that could be my mother. Like today, it's that cloud"

There was a cloud drifting across the sky that was shaped like a butterfly if you squinted and tilted your head.

"Your dad told you that?"

"I think it was to make us feel better after she died," Diana says. "But I always search for something. Do you think it's silly?"

"No," Harry says, watching a bird soar across the sky. "I think it's beautiful and I think I do it too, subconsciously"

Harry allows his arm to come up and wrap around Diana's shoulder, a grin falling on his face as he feels her curl into his side.

"What's your favourite colour?" Diana asks, breaking the silence and Harry looks down at her to see her ice blue eyes peering back up at him.

"Red," Harry says.

"Why?"

"Because the Gryffindor common room is all decked in red and gold," Harry says. "And that was the first place I ever felt at home. What about you?"

"Green," Diana says. "It reminds me of spring with the butterflies"

"What do you want to do after Hogwarts?" Harry asks.

"Clothing design," Diana says. "I know it's not really a wizarding profession, but I enjoy looking at what a person wears and formulating an outfit that would suit them in my head"

"That sound brilliant," Harry says. "But the deal is, I'm your first masterpiece"

"Of course," Diana giggles.

"What would I be wearing?" Harry asks.

"Bright purple-"

Harry looks down at the girl who laughs before shaking her head.

"A soft emerald green suit," Diana says. "White shirt, black bowtie, if it's a wizarding event there'd be a black cloak with silver linings"

"It's impressive how fast you can whip that up," Harry says.

Diana nods, deciding not to mention how she had laboured over a design for what he would wear after the Quidditch World Cup after she could not get the shade of his eyes out of her head.

That is how they stayed, asking each other meaningless questions as they watched the student population of Hogwarts mill around the grounds.